UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Another RB van rack has been built! We shot video of the assy on the is one.

11935074_1043718168980744_6344843305945562583_n.jpg

350outrage

Adventurer
Probably not the same as discussed above, but there is another van with TX plates and a UJOINT kit that I occasionally see here around Yukon, OK. I think the van said "******" on it , which stands for Wide, Tall, and Fast, the name of their shop which does lifts and wheels, etc. Just learned they have a shop near here.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Probably not the same as discussed above, but there is another van with TX plates and a UJOINT kit that I occasionally see here around Yukon, OK. I think the van said "******" on it , which stands for Wide, Tall, and Fast, the name of their shop which does lifts and wheels, etc. Just learned they have a shop near here.

Sent them a kit a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend doing business with them.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
2 builds happening at once, V7 & a customers V10 from MO. Customer rig takes priority and we're a man down so V7 hasn't been getting all the attention it would like. But, we got the axle in yesterday!

11225407_1043860838966477_4498121514934224702_n.jpg

Customer rig is ready for shafts, then bumpers and wiring.

11222409_1043900318962529_8791168803182686075_n.jpg

ABCanuck

Adventurer
Any shop that thinks ****** is clever, would seriously cause me to reconsider dealing with them :) keep up the good work! I was trying to convince my wife on a conversion by you, but a suburban ended up finding it's way to our driveway. Still fun to follow along on the cool stuff you guys are coming up with. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limatangobravo

Observer
I love brake upgrades, especially when our rigs are weighing in at 4 plus tons. I am really interested in that upgrade Chris, when will you have pricing on this caliper kit?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I love brake upgrades, especially when our rigs are weighing in at 4 plus tons. I am really interested in that upgrade Chris, when will you have pricing on this caliper kit?

I've tried several times to get dealer info from them, so far no response. Has me a bit worried, especially with their lead times. Hope to get a healthy order in so I can stock them and ship quick.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I've tried several times to get dealer info from them, so far no response. Has me a bit worried, especially with their lead times. Hope to get a healthy order in so I can stock them and ship quick.

Have you dealt with their tech dept yet? For me it was like talking to my Pet Rock....and no one ever responded to my email inquiry, nor was their ecommerce site working with the ExPo "brakepower" 10% off promo(their loss 2x over already as I would have purchased their goods by now).
I hope you have better luck Chris.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Have you dealt with their tech dept yet? For me it was like talking to my Pet Rock....and no one ever responded to my email inquiry, nor was their ecommerce site working with the ExPo "brakepower" 10% off promo(their loss 2x over already as I would have purchased their goods by now).
I hope you have better luck Chris.

I haven't. As you know I have a low tolerance for vendors that aren't on top of their game so we'll see how it goes!

DzlToy

Explorer
Typically, you want at least 3" difference between the rotor diameter and the insde diameter of the wheel, which is called the barrel size. If you would like to use a 330mm brake rotor (13" diameter), then you would need at least a 16" wheel. Depending on back spacing, caliper size and shape and several other factours, not all 16" wheels will fit, but that is a good rule of thumb.

Contrary to popular vernacular, "rim" is not the same as a wheel. In fact, barrels, hoops, rims and lips are components of a wheel. Instead of saying, "I am installing new rims on my truck today", one should say, "new wheels" Unless you have a true three piece wheel that you have dismantled to install a new lip or barrel, you did not install a "new rim"

/end of lesson and back to your regularly scheduled programming :D

limatangobravo

Observer
I read that Chris mentioned the rotors are the same size as the Ford rotors, I know down the road I will have to upgrade to at least 17" wheels. If a brake caliper upgrade comes to fruition then I would like to keep my 16" set if that is at all possible. But that is irrelevant until the kit exposes itself.
What's on the flat screen today?:Wow1:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What about wheel size, will you need large wheels like you usually run on your rigs or can they be used with 16" wheels?

The SSBC rotors & calipers are good with factory wheels.

Typically, you want at least 3" difference between the rotor diameter and the insde diameter of the wheel, which is called the barrel size. If you would like to use a 330mm brake rotor (13" diameter), then you would need at least a 16" wheel. Depending on back spacing, caliper size and shape and several other factours, not all 16" wheels will fit, but that is a good rule of thumb.

Contrary to popular vernacular, "rim" is not the same as a wheel. In fact, barrels, hoops, rims and lips are components of a wheel. Instead of saying, "I am installing new rims on my truck today", one should say, "new wheels" Unless you have a true three piece wheel that you have dismantled to install a new lip or barrel, you did not install a "new rim"

/end of lesson and back to your regularly scheduled programming :D

Good lesson! Funny too how different areas of the country have different terms to describe the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior