Still trying to get around to starting this project.
Last minute, we decided to hit the slopes this weekend. So Sat we headed up, spent the night, skied all sunday, and headed back sunday evening... or tried...
When up there I was having trouble with our cool little Carlson sealed burn furnace. Not putting out much heat, and sooting, BAD. The range worked fine, so I figured the regulator and tank were okay.
notice the soot above the vent... And yes, this is where I park every year. Just 50 yard or so from the main lift
On the way home we got stuck in a major snow storm. We had to pull off for the night, as it was basically blizzard conditions. High winds, and near zero visibility.
This is what we woke up to, after a long COLD night in a camper without a working furnace. Still, with sub freezing temps and my wife, myself, and our 65lb dogfood powered heater, we were able to maintain 45+ degrees in the camper.
When we got home I tore the furnace apart to inspect it.
Before cleaning.... running WAY rich. Obviously not enough O2 in the mix.
And after cleaning. It looked like a spider or something had made its way in to the main mixing chamber and plugged things up.
but this is MUCH better. Heat without the smoke
Now I just need to devise a way to keep the critters out of there!