PLB question

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I ride dirt bikes in the desert canyons alone. Yea, I know alone is stupid but I ride more than all my buddys combined so I'm often alone and out of cell phone range because I like to drop down into canyons. I'm on a Rokon 2x2 or trials bike and they are capable enough machines to get me to places that nobody would find me. I could go with a Spot but I'm not a gadget freak and can't see me using any of the extra features but if it will locate me faster or better when in a canyon then I'd go for that. I don't know the difference. My next question is the ability to withstand rough treatment like a slow crash. I'm leaning towards a McMurdo Fast Find but only because it's small and cheap but not if it's built weak. Do you have a better sugestion?
http://www.rei.com/product/791972

I do carry means to make a fire, some hard candy, a first aid kit with blood clot and a small S.O.L. Adventure Outdoor survival pak. That has this minimal stuff in it to hopefully get me thru a night but if you can think of somthing it's missing I'll carry it as well.

■The new S.O.L. (Survive Outdoors Longer) Survival Pak takes the critical survival items and packages them in an ultralight, waterproof drybag.
■Waterproof Dry Bag.
■Heatsheets Survival Blanket.
■Supply List:
■Compass, Button, Liquid Filled (1)
■Fishing Gear in Vial (1)
■Heatsheet Survival Blanket (1)
■Mini Rescue Flash Signal Mirror (1)
■Mini Rescue Howler Whistle(1)
■Tinder Quick (1)
■Waterproof Matches in Vial (8)
■7.00 oz.

Thanks!

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Don't ride alone !

its just too risky

had a friend in oman who took a low speed technical laydown, his toe caught some camel grass and twisted 180...........

needless to say the 6 people he was riding with was just enough

2 to go get a 4x4 from the parking on the main road 2 to stay with him and 2 to scout a way in for the car, via trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne