Salvage recovery Earthroamer on ebay

Mikeg175

It also might have taken a few months to recover . If they don't find it quickly they will have to pay it out and it can become a salvage with very little or no damage .

rlpw

Looks like all the power boards and batteries have been cut out. Wonder how much that would be to replace.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Who in there right mind would buy the thing with the absolute junk 6.0 motor?

I hint around to that same fact every time I see an ER or SMB or even a regular ole Super Duty with a 6.0L and usually end up hurting someone’s feelin’s over it. Unfortunately, that is not a $3000 engine. Lucky owners get to fork out over $11,000 not including labor for a reman once the OEM engine grenades. These engines are also nightmares to work on which is why so many Ford dealers and independent shops have been removing the cabs for the past 6 or 7 model years for many deep engine repairs. That cab is not coming off of an ER! The 6.0 is essentially the same as International’s VT365. Ask around how many fleet and commercial customers embrace that engine. You probably won’t find many…if any. You don’t have to be crazy to own a 6.0 but it would help.

F5driver

Adventurer
It also might have taken a few months to recover . If they don't find it quickly they will have to pay it out and it can become a salvage with very little or no damage .

A friend of mine owns a repo company in San Diego. A few months ago he called and checked the status of this ER for me. It was stolen and the insurance company had to salvage the vehicle because it was missing for too long. I have been watching this vehicle for a long time and seriously considered bidding on it. In the end I just couldn't pull the trigger on something built around that Ford motor. I'd rather have a XPCamper sitting on an 06 Cummins Dodge with a manual tranny. But hey, that's just me...

thedjjack

Dream it build it
Looking under that hood the 6.0 should come out. Nice 12 valve mechanical cummins to keep it simple.

Sorry I have no loyalty to poor designs. Keep I Simple Stupid (kiss).

haven

Expedition Leader
Let's say you spend $75K to purchase the camper, and then give $25K to EarthRoamer to replace or fix the parts that were stolen or damaged. $100K sounds pretty good for a vehicle of this caliber.

For comparison, Earthroamer #18, a 2005 model with 52K miles, was offered for sale for $162K, and found a buyer. New ones cost $225K.

mph

Expedition Leader
FYI...I have a good friend who runs the service department at Ford. He informed me to stay away from that truck because of the motor. I thanked him for being critical of his own product.

haven

Expedition Leader
Good to know. Sounds like a good way to get the seller to lower the price.

A replacement 6.0L, built with parts to avoid issues found in the stock design, might cost $11K installed.

Here's one example
http://www.thehorsepowershop.com/03-07-6.0l-ford-powerstroke-stage-ii-crate-motor.html

Or your could purchase a crate motor from Ford and have it built up by a local diesel shop.

The 6.0L Navistar engine has several weak points, but there are upgrades and procedures that address the problems. Here's one article that describes one rebuild:
http://www.bankspower.com/magazines/show/617-ford-power-stroke-6.0l-part-1-what-fails-and-why

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Good to know. Sounds like a good way to get the seller to lower the price.

A replacement 6.0L, built with parts to avoid issues found in the stock design, might cost $11K installed.

Here's one example
http://www.thehorsepowershop.com/03-07-6.0l-ford-powerstroke-stage-ii-crate-motor.html

Or your could purchase a crate motor from Ford and have it built up by a local diesel shop.

The 6.0L Navistar engine has several weak points, but there are upgrades and procedures that address the problems. Here's one article that describes one rebuild:
http://www.bankspower.com/magazines/show/617-ford-power-stroke-6.0l-part-1-what-fails-and-why

Quick question, just theoretical - how do you lift the cab on a Earthroamer if you need to fix/replace the engine?

DW-oct09-92_5_lg.jpg

18seeds

Explorer
Let's say you spend $75K to purchase the camper, and then give $25K to EarthRoamer to replace or fix the parts that were stolen or damaged. $100K sounds pretty good for a vehicle of this caliber.

For comparison, Earthroamer #18, a 2005 model with 52K miles, was offered for sale for $162K, and found a buyer. New ones cost $225K.

Not with a Salvage Title IMO. If it just showed up stolen/recovered on a carfax than i would think that would not be a big deal but salvage titles are never a good thing.

Factory warranty is gone and this thing has been sitting around for a LONG time. These engines do not fair well if they are not driven often.

I guess in the end it is rare and at some point somebody will buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94