Salvage recovery Earthroamer on ebay

thedjjack

Dream it build it
Hate to have to fix that thing on the road? Look under that hood..........

What ever happened to the KISS theory?

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Having been trhough them when complete and bran new I's say this one is still in great shape and a pretty good price considering the original retail pricing. About 30% of the retail price for much more than 30% of the original vehicle.
Perhaps a few systems taken out but I did not see any cosmetic damage.
:smiley_drive:

liftedlimo

Adventurer
Well they auto-rejected my offer!

My co-worker is looking at it and says that it is way nicer then his apartment in New York, and about the same size inside!:Wow1:

zimm

Expedition Leader
Who in there right mind would buy the thing with the absolute junk 6.0 motor?

the 6.0 motors are statistical play things, like risking retarded babies after the age of 40.

if someone tells you the odds of "breakage" are 3x greater, you'll run scared and not have a kid.

if someone tells you the odds of "breakage" are 3/100 as opposed to 1/100, odds are you'll decide to get what you want and love your new toy either way..

docmaas

Adventurer
doesnt look too bad to me. whats missing? inverters?

Almost all the inside furnishing is missing. Go to the earthroamer site and look at the interior pics.

On the outside the spare, the winch and the lights on the grill. Aside from some bumper scratches it otherwise looks pretty good.

I'd say, given the reputation of the product and its original cost, this isn't a bad deal for someone who has the money. The salvage title and minimal market demand make it a poor investment for a rebuilder/seller.

Just my opinion.

Mike

kerry

Expedition Leader
There's a thread on the EarthRoamer forum. That truck was just sold at auction to a reseller who immediately put it on Ebay.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Im inquiring about a missing option list. Might have to go to ER and find out exactly what it came with from the factory and go check it out to make sure. It's only about 6 hours from us. Definitely worth a look over if all on the up and up. We looked at this very same rig in 2007 at the RV show and the price tag was $248k at the time.

gary in ohio

Explorer
Why in the world did that thing get a salvaged title? Something is not right... Either those are not pix of the unit or something else is wrong.. Was it under water?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Why in the world did that thing get a salvaged title? Something is not right... Either those are not pix of the unit or something else is wrong.. Was it under water?

The insurance company probably declared it a total loss, paid out the policy, and wrote it off. Once that happens, it gets a salvage title, no matter what the actual condition is.

If damages exceed something like 50% (?)of the [undamaged] vehicle value, it gets declared a total loss. Considering there is only one place that can repair the vehicle back to original specs, it's not like they can get competitive bids on the repair. I'm not sure if Earthroamer will even do repairs of that nature . . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior