Post your camp coffee setup

DTE

I have two of these bad boys for camping. Stovetop espresso makers. One is a single cup if I'm alone, and the other is a two cup model. Super easy to use, ready very quick, and I can use some really good beans. They are pretty much indestructible, and i've been using one almost daily for about 3 years now. It's amazing for those who like their espresso, or just a really strong cup of coffee!

cafe%20milano%206%20&%209%20cup.gif

Here's a quick review on this type of setup (not by me).
http://www.jeffsreviews.com/Articles/household may09/cafe milano/cafe milano.html

I also use a hand milk frother, which I do bring with me camping if I'm feeling fancy.

Mamontof

Explorer
Some simple version of """French press"""
sdc10042z.jpg

SDC10046.jpg

Good coffee , fresh bake roll , double brie and some apple all that provide Great

breakfast :chef:

73f561e3e6caeec43aa952d59392b02a_872.jpg

Last edited:

smartbomb

Something I'd use in Iraq for joe:

1. Find a used Gatorade bottle or water bottle and cut the top off of it

2. Invert it and put a filter with coffee into the cone part of the inverted bottle top

3. Drop the whole shebang over an empty Nalgene bottle and pour very hot water over the coffee in the filter

It's ghetto fabulous, but you can throw coffee in your face with it.

Yudda

Adventurer
For arab coffee i use a traditional pot made here locally. I had the maker tweak the design to suit my needs...a longer handle for using it over a camp fire...and quadruple the size.
coffee.jpg

Other than that, im a VIA user so boiling the water is the object.
coffee2.jpg

My most used kits:
338541857gfLbwm_fs.jpeg
armyTrangia.jpeg

Swedish mess Kit.. Arguably the finest mess kit ever made. Trangia alcohol burner included.

But bar none my most used coffee kit is my Kelly Kettle.
Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 10.40.01 PM.jpg

Rob

Last edited:

dblosch

Adventurer
Here's mine. My coffee setup is basic, but my kitchen as a whole is pretty unique. Sorry about the living room poser shot, I'm at work and don't have any "field" pictures on this computer.

Pictured open ready to cook, and closed up ready to go. Pots/pans/utensils/kitchen junk all stow inside the box, along with the shelves. The only things that i can't seem to fit in the box are the 7gal water jug, and a lantern.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 135
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 77

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
Here's mine. My coffee setup is basic, but my kitchen as a whole is pretty unique. Sorry about the living room poser shot, I'm at work and don't have any "field" pictures on this computer.

Pictured open ready to cook, and closed up ready to go. Pots/pans/utensils/kitchen junk all stow inside the box, along with the shelves. The only things that i can't seem to fit in the box are the 7gal water jug, and a lantern.

OK that is EXACTLY the kitchen setup I am looking for.. I have the oven/stove. need the box/chuckbox thing. Did you buy it? make it....

DKB2GO

Observer

That's a pretty clever setup. Nice! :wings:

dblosch

Adventurer
OK that is EXACTLY the kitchen setup I am looking for.. I have the oven/stove. need the box/chuckbox thing. Did you buy it? make it....

Hey that's great! Thanks guys! I was half expecting to get "kicked off the island" for my oven, I feel better now.

I wish i could say I made the box. I didn't. This one is a slight variation on the "Work Top Box," sold here: http://www.blueskykitchen.com/

Ken is a great guy, and dealt with my questions/demands graciously. I went for the whole she-bang, laminate counter surfaces, stained and varnished. It wasn't cheap- but it has a lifetime guarantee. (which i have used, on a prototype piece. Ken didn't even flinch. I had my new part out in short order.) Tell him Dan sent ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz