Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got a new welder today. Woohoo!!!
Its a 200amp tig/mma unit, will do 155amp @ 100% duty so I am happy with that. has Ac and high freq control. Will try to give it a test run in the next week.

Foot pedal control:

Stick welder cables:

Tig Torch:

Cruisn

Adventurer
I had a mate do a photochop of the wagon for me, obviously the spare tyres will be gone and actually hard mounted to the canopy. but for now it was easier jsut to leave them.

the front lower door will house a battery on each side, allowing for a 3 battery setup and the rear drawer will house recovery gear, something that has to be easy to reach and I figure I will through my air compressor in the other side or under hood. not sure yet. still lots of thinking to be done.

Its killing me waiting for my mod forms to be sent back haha. but soon...

Cruisn

Adventurer
All righty, shes sitting on stands, waiting.. jsut waiting.. I Hate Waiting!

943602_10152923421425061_1745484148_n.jpg

But I did get some new parts for her:
All new brake lines for the front end so I dont have any more blow outs

And some new spot lights, 42Watt led with a 8* beam

Even got some new speakers that I need to find a home for:

now onto the new tools:
Finally got an air compressor, 180L/min

Some air tools:

I had a mate do a photochop of the wagon for me, obviously the spare tyres will be gone and actually hard mounted to the canopy. but for now it was easier jsut to leave them.

the front lower door will house a battery on each side, allowing for a 3 battery setup and the rear drawer will house recovery gear, something that has to be easy to reach and I figure I will through my air compressor in the other side or under hood. not sure yet. still lots of thinking to be done.

Its killing me waiting for my mod forms to be sent back haha. but soon...

I LIKE IT!!

I'm thinking of doing similarly to my FJ62.
1003819_494899033913885_1799564270_n.jpg

Looks like we share a similar skill set, so I'll be watching your progress closely.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Nice, I am not to worried about sleep arragnments as I have my swag now. its lighter than most other items and rolls out in 30 seconds. so quick and painless.

I hope to get my letter back this week to start. its a nightmare of bureaucratic bull**** here for modifying vehicles, proving once again the government has its fingers where they dont belong
I like the old 60 series rigs, tough trucks for sure.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got my first quote in for a the tray with canopy, 4000 all up, out of ally, with dual spare holder and roof rack.

I was just thinking of this again (for my project but yours popped into my mind) you'd need to build the cab further back like the FJ62 so that you can comfortably adjust your seat for yourself and possibly taller drivers. I'd design it so that the seat *could* be slid all the way back which, with the average sized block, will allow for a decent range of motion to tilt the seat to find the comfortable spot. I'm 5'11, so right at average for US (Anglo) and Australian (Anglo) men... My seats are always right in the middle of their sliding forward and back range.

And best I can tell, you'd almost need to build the cab back to about where the fuel filler cap is.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Ya, I am only 5'8", so a little shorter.

the chop will be made 200mm behind the back side of the b-pillar
I will be stripping the wagon tomorrow a bit more then I will draw some lines on the body to describe it better

Cruisn

Adventurer
Also after seeing that 5-11 is the average that explains why I feel like a short guy at work. I cant reach **** of the top shelfs

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, today was a good day, I have gotten the whole interior stripped. My storage system had no fail points that i found while removing it which is good, but it was heavy. so it had to go.

Then I reinstalled the front seat and set it all the way back to find where I should be cutting it at. where the green line is allows me 50mm behind the seat at its current setting which is more than enough.

Here is the line down the whole side of the wagon.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Thanks

I got some more info on my Canopy setup, the material is 3mm thick ally plate. and it will weigh in at 150kg mounted :geek: :geek: :geek: YES!!!

That is great news as I will save huge amount of weight, I figure it will be about another 20kg heavier than that with 2 tool boxes mounted underneath for batteries, but that will leave my engine bay open and less prone to body cracks from the heavy weight on corrugations.

On a previous trip I had the rig weighed,
2610kg all up
with:
80L water
190L fuel
80L fridge with beer
all food
all camping gear
2x spare tyres

I figure I will be able to loose 300kg now if my math is correct. so loaded for a trip I will weigh in at 2300kg and with a gvm of 2500kg I will finally be running light which should net me some better fuel economy, less wear on parts and even better mobility on sand which is already awesome to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles