Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
Was out and about this weekend and decided to try out the annex, easy to set up. lots of room. looks great

annex4.jpg

Straps to hold up the ladder:
annex2.jpg

lots of room:
annex.jpg

Some new goodies!!!

arb air compressor and fill kit:

arbgoodies.jpg

arbpump.jpg

The weekend photos:
foggy3.jpg

mud2.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
No photos yet, but rewaxed it today, looking sharp. also ordered a few new goodies

ordered:
1m long fibreglass uhf antenna - should be here this week
safari snorkel - will order tomorrow with return of email request

Diesel status:
Some more bits have been ordered, inlcuding
heavy duty exedy clutch kit
oil pan gasket
and since the engine is out it will get new front and rear seals
rig is getting towed to its new home to be stripped monday night.

Also have lower control arm bushings on the way, then I can finally install all the new parts.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well I got my uhf antenna today, 1025mm long. woohoo, looks a little big form the photos, but its not to bad, about roof rack height so that works fine for me. I like it.
It will be moved to the pass side, but right now there is an old base stuck in it that I have to cut off form the previous owner of the bull bar

gme 6.6db gain

antenna2.jpg

ANTENNA.jpg

antenna3.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well she got a good wax, camera phone jsut doesnt do justice. to bad it has rained since...

13062011160.jpg

And the Donor arrive to be stripped!!! Woohoo

13062011162.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well got my oil pan gasket, front and rear seals, ordering a new set of headbolts and bottom gasket set for the timing covers and such. almost have everything to freshen the engine up.
Also recieved my lower control arm bushings!!

oilseals.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
I have begun stripping the donor this weekend. am going back today to pull more apart. should have the engine ready for removal by next weekend. (fingers crossed)

Inspecting wires as I pull them out.. makes it slightly more painful process, but and faults I can pick up on

stillstripping.jpg

wiresout.jpg

Turbo removed:
wastegate and actuator are all there.. but the bypass is welded shut, intersting move by mitsubishi, not sure what year the activated the wastegate though, will have to do some digging, my guess is 89 when they introduced the intercooler. The turbo will receive a rebuild as it leaks a small amount of oil.

tuebo.jpg

wastegateclosed.jpg

actuator.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, went insane ordering new parts.

have on order now:
Iron man recovery kit
lower gasket kit
turbo rebuild kit
Safari snorkel
switches
repair manual
head bolts
Nolathane sway bar bushings

and of course what kind of update would this be without something pink!

My exedy heavy duty clutch arrived. woohoo. thanks to bakerboy for hooking me up.

pressure.jpg

disc.jpg

clutch.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Engine is out!!

woohoo. wasn' t to bad of an ordeal to get out. found a few faults to go along with out, but that was expected. nothing to major. all maintenance really.

Gotta have the goods right? Jackie packed me a lunch and I have my tunes. away we go!!
jackiecares.jpg

And away we go: I move it in and out of the shop with my pajero! steel bullbars are awesome sometimes. LOL
stripping.jpg

start.jpg

progress.jpg

Power steering and oil cooler removed: diesel oil cooler is 2x the size of the patrol version
powersteering.jpg

Radiator removed:
radout.jpg

Driverside stripped:

unhookeddriverside.jpg

Drive shafts removed:
driveshaaftsout.jpg

Gear shifters removed:
gearsticksout.jpg

Engine hoist in place!!!
herewego.jpg

You will notice that the bullbar is removed... couldnt get the hpoist in close enough.
emptybay.jpg

I noticed this stream of oil from behind the headlight after removal... almsot looks like a stream of tears after I tore her heart out... how poetic..
tear.jpg

Block out:
blockout.jpg

Intersting find with the clutch, factory pressure plate, exedy clutch disc, intersting, quite burnt, looks like it was replaced without machining. crack in the disc itself, the pressure plate had seen better days to, the throw out bearing was eating it away at a nice pace.

Worn disc:
disc.jpg

Crack:
crackedclutchplate.jpg

Heat scorching:
burnt.jpg

Throwout bearing wear marks:
heavywearpressure.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Today was about cleaning the block so there was no oil on it, it will get a full reseal so there will be no more oil leaks... Thanks to Dan for showing up and giving me a hand. turned out not to bad:

lclean3.jpg

clean.jpg

clean2.jpg

The tranny/transfer case were not so easy.. here is a start, it is sitting overnight with degreaser on it so tomorrow I have a better shot at cleaning it again...

clean5.jpg

clean4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles