Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

kingg5

Adventurer
you lucky bastard hahah.

ive wanted a foxwing for a while now. so damn expensive in canada...oh well arb awning will do haha.

looking good matt.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Good news, I have a mig welder at home. time to get back on the project. tonight I cut the other door to suit. this weekend my goal is to try to get the bottom half mostly fabricated and tacked up.
I got side tracked for a few months since I bought a ss ute.. was having to much fun to sit in a dark shed and weld. but now, it is time.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, I have begun to make some progress. its a little slow. but it will get there. a lot of thinking in between jobs on how to make it look as factory as possible.

Started by tacking welding the rear panel in place, along with the 3mm flat bar that holds it all in place The bottom corner will be filled with plate when I get some.

I cut a section out of the old rear end and tacked it into place to set the corner. I am really trying to follow the factory lines. will require a bit of extra work, as the angle goes up to steep

Following the lines:

I figure I am going to start at the roof instead of the floor, the angles will be much easier to deal with. straight edge for the back of the cab:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
i like the curved part that matches the body line. What are your plans for the rest of it below and above?

Last edited:

marty1977

Adventurer
Just read your entire thread and you have some amazing and very inspiring project going there ehhh. Big shot out from Canada. I'm hoping to start my build in the spring and keep up the great work.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Looking good. Can't wait to see your continued progress. I wonder how well the rear vents in the D-pillars would fit into your design?

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
The 4wd Max/L200/D50 has significantly smaller front fenderwells and doesn't accept as large a tire as the Montero/Pajero/Shogun, for one. For two, having the new body on the stiffer Montero chassis will make a better camper. Third, the coil rear spring suspension flexes and rides so much better than the leaf spring, right?

Cruisn

Adventurer
So, I have had this thing sitting in my shed for ages now... I even bought a shorty pajero to tide me over for weekend get aways, but its time. no more dicking around. I went head first into that garage and bam, 15 hours later. this: still a ways out, but progress is being made. single again so the free time thing right.. haha

basically have the top outer shell completed, I am sourcing another set of front doors for the skins to wrap around for lower corners. trying to make it look as factory as possible like I said before so there are a few hold ups as I am no panel beater.

With the roof corners, the mitsu is about 12mm wider at the middle and about 5mm lower roofline wise to get the gutters to match up.

open back:

Closed up:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Not any real progress, but moved her outside today to see how she looks overall with the 33's as in the shed I cant have a decent view as its a tight work area.

10671340_10154868572085061_3125554840968532512_n.jpg

1002529_10154868572005061_5803204220893719329_n.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got some sheet metal to work the corners. hopefully there isnt a total fire ban this weekend and I can get out into the garage to do a bit of fab work and finally finish the corners.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well pulled my finger out and put my head down and nailed out a corner of the ute today. its been.. ughh.. fun.. ya, fun. but at least halfway done the corners now. still following body lines which is what kills it. im liking how its turning out though.

Started with getting the corner rounded properly. old pieces still in for a guide.

and completed:

Further back view:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier