Storage box for roof racks, and others...

Blain

Adventurer
I found this nice diamond plated, aluminum box for my GOBI. It's waterproof and is light weight. Has a strut that keeps the top open. And can be locked. Total cost was $120

Price is pretty reasonable, and it might fit a number of other roof racks out their or maybe for something in the trunk.

Had to drill 4 holes in the corners and attached it with some bolts and washers. Took maybe 15 minutes.

Linky!!
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEA-288272?autofilter=1&part=DEA-288272&N=700+0&autoview=sku

IMGP1184.jpg

IMGP1185.jpg

IMGP1186.jpg

IMGP1187.jpg

Here's the link to their web site.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEA-288272&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Different locations.
New Front
IMGP1194.jpg

Side
IMGP1190.jpg

Side Opened It's tight, but you can still get to the latch to open it up.
IMGP1192.jpg

Back, top view
IMGP1193.jpg

Back
IMGP1188.jpg

I lined the bottom of the box with some foam/rubber gym mats. Helps keep things a little quiet when your bouncing around. The tape is covering the bolt heads, to keep them from snagging on any of the straps.

Items in the box: 1 30ft. tow strap, 6ft loop tow strap, Hi-Lift base, Hi-Lift wheel lift, 1 tree saver, gas can spout, piece of wood for whatever purpose it may be used for, camo pouch with extra shackles and 2 small lengths of chain, and another strap that could be used as a tree saver. Also keep some towels and extra plastic bags.
IMGP2589.jpg

IMGP2590.jpg

IMGP2591.jpg

Quick Fist mounts. There cheap, there pretty easy and they work great! You can mount em almost anyway you can think of. On top of the lid, just a few washers, bolt and nut and it's good to go.
IMGP2594.jpg

IMGP2595.jpg

Last edited:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
How Lightweight?

Very nice! I didn't see a weight listed for the box. Do you have an idea on how much it weighs?

Last edited:

Blain

Adventurer
My bad, added the link to the top of the post.

Thanks for getting the shipping weight^! It's Aluminum so it's very light!

ccarm

Adventurer
Brilliant. I know that the new generation xterras have a box similar to the foreward setup, and I've always wondered a way to recreate it. Your ATV box looks great, like it came from the factory that way.

Blain

Adventurer
Brilliant. I know that the new generation xterras have a box similar to the foreward setup, and I've always wondered a way to recreate it. Your ATV box looks great, like it came from the factory that way.
Thanks, the one thing I did miss was that "wetbox" that came on the factory rack. After I put the GOBI on, the box was a perfect fit!

Very cool. Great item, especially with a vehicle that already has a factory roof rack (like Xterras and FJ's)

I should also note that the same box will fit in the Yakima roof racks. Not the best picture to show the box, but a good pic otherwise. It's on my buddies X, I'll see if I can get a better pic. from him.
540437163_iFNwU-O.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz