2010 f-150

Robert B

Adventurer
By the way, did any of you see the Top Gear episode featuring the Raptor? Part of it was replayed last night on the wrap up for the season. What an incredible truck! The 04-08 FX4 package is purely cosmetic. The Raptor is the real deal. Great truck. Look forward to watching your build.

p71

Observer
By the way, did any of you see the Top Gear episode featuring the Raptor? Part of it was replayed last night on the wrap up for the season. What an incredible truck! The 04-08 FX4 package is purely cosmetic. The Raptor is the real deal. Great truck. Look forward to watching your build.

One of the guys on the raptor forum bought the truck that they used for the track test.

IIRC the FX4 was the only way to get a electronic locker (not the same one as the raptor), added some basic skid plates and slightly better suspension... not really a ford guy so let me know if I am wrong.

Strizzo

Explorer
Good looking out brianjwilson.

I have the shortbed S-Cab

Factory 35s...

31038_104990276215730_100001142749451_44332_2239063_n.jpg

where was this at? looks like a tough way to find out that BFG a/t are not mud tires.

you're coming on the hill country trip, no? will be cool to see a raptor up close as i've only seen them on the road.

p71

Observer
where was this at? looks like a tough way to find out that BFG a/t are not mud tires.

It is at a local lake. I knew the tires are only ok in mud, but that area is usually passable. There is a trail that runs around the lake that just kinda peters out at this spot and you run across a field for a couple hundred yards, then it starts up again and you are at the exit to the road.
Usually you can take an accord across there with no problems... but it had been raining the week prior and the lake was just starting to subside so it looked like normal but was a complete swamp. As I was just about to get off the dirt I had turned off all traction aids and when I hit this spot it went from dry and hard backed to mush within 5 yards... If I had been in 4x4 or ad been going faster (or had had on my locker) I would almost certaily have made it through. Bad judgement on my part.

you're coming on the hill country trip, no? will be cool to see a raptor up close as i've only seen them on the road.

Which hill country trip would this be?

Probably not... MAY be able to come down for the Saturday portion...

Strizzo

Explorer
It is at a local lake. I knew the tires are only ok in mud, but that area is usually passable. There is a trail that runs around the lake that just kinda peters out at this spot and you run across a field for a couple hundred yards, then it starts up again and you are at the exit to the road.
Usually you can take an accord across there with no problems... but it had been raining the week prior and the lake was just starting to subside so it looked like normal but was a complete swamp. As I was just about to get off the dirt I had turned off all traction aids and when I hit this spot it went from dry and hard backed to mush within 5 yards... If I had been in 4x4 or ad been going faster (or had had on my locker) I would almost certaily have made it through. Bad judgement on my part.

Probably not... MAY be able to come down for the Saturday portion...
unexpected spots like that can get the best of anyone from time to time. like this: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55485

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94