Bacon

Tacovendor

Explorer
Just so we all can revel in one of the best things since? Stories, great brands, recipes etc. One place that Fernando from Camping Lab got me started with is Broadbent, they make some awsome sausage and bacon. :sombrero: Viva tocino!
http://www.broadbenthams.com/

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Bacon is bad. M'kay? Don't eat bacon. M'kay? Leave it all for me, m'kay? So I can have double-meat BLT with avocado. M'kay?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Lipitor dosing instructions on request.

100_1120.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My bacon of choice isn't really any brand at all. I get it from Burwell Butcher Shop in Thompson Falls MT. They buy all local meat and age and smoke it in house and don't use any weirdo chemicals or preservatives. So their bacon is extra thick, and since it was produced by a small pig farmer instead of a bigg huge commercial industrial food machine there is an incredible amount of meat compared to fat (which some people might say is bad but thats how I like it). They cut it extra thick and I'm not sure what they smoke it with but what ever it is its good. I only buy a half pound at a time because it spoils pretty quickly since there are no preservatives.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
British or is it Scottish bacon is my favorite. thick cut (1/4") and much more meat than the standard American fare.

Had it for the first time for a breakfast meal onboard a British Airways hopper from Heathrow to Berlin.
:drool:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
oh you barstewards............bacon- pork ILLEGAL here........:drool:

have not had any since dec 2nd.....

ruddy :26_16_2:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The uncured thick cut bacon from Trader Joe's is pretty good, and consistently lean (compared to other brands).

alosix

Expedition Leader
oh you barstewards............bacon- pork ILLEGAL here........:drool:

have not had any since dec 2nd.....

ruddy :26_16_2:

Crossing wherever you are off my list to travel. I doubt I could be sure I'd get all of the contraband out of my vehicle before crossing. :)

FreeManDan

Adventurer
On my last trip to big bend ranch state park we took Tyson precoocked bacon, it was way to easy to cook with hash browns on an isobutane backpacking stove and an aluminum pan. We had more bacon than eggs, because roads down there are rough and plastic egg holders don't work....

UNI

Adventurer
FreeManDan Posted: On my last trip to big bend ranch state park we took Tyson precoocked bacon, it was way to easy to cook

We like "FreeManDan" also take pre-cooked bacon (Appleton Farms). The one thing we really like about the pre-cooked product, you don't have to deal with all the excess grease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz