Project Wander Wagon

TRACTION

Adventurer
I'm diggin it.

Especialy the wheels, mine are at powdercoat as I type this, getting the same treatment.

Nice truck.

Thanks. I get all kinds of comments on the wheels. People think they're aftermarket. When I start my trailer project this year I'm going to get another set to match.

I did the powder primer first, then the black powder for the most durability. No scratches or mars in the coat so far and I've had my center caps busted off a few times out in the sticks.

TRACTION

Adventurer
Nice Truck. Got to love the early 07 with the 5.9. I got a silver one. Check out Carli and Thuren for suspension.

I've been looking at suspensions for quite a while. I'm partial to Lorenz because I like their direct sales approach, but I'll probably sneak in some other manufacturers as needed. I'm leaning toward the Lorenz 2" 23% HD coil spring for the front after I add the Arb bumper and winch. I'm hoping they'll work with my existing stock length Bilsteins but I haven't emailed him yet to find out.

TRACTION

Adventurer
Looks nice...........I like white..:victory:

DSC_12-vi.jpg

Is that a free spin hub kit I see? Did you do the install? Wondering how difficult it is.

TRACTION

Adventurer
If you consider any suspension enhancements,you're close to Don Thuren. He's in Bend,Oregon. www.thurenfabrication.com. Looking good.

I've talked to Don about some fabrication ideas and he's a really cool guy. Was really willing to help me out even though he's not doing as much fabrication anymore. I'll probably take a trip down there before I make any final decisions on a whole suspension system.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've been looking at suspensions for quite a while. I'm partial to Lorenz because I like their direct sales approach, but I'll probably sneak in some other manufacturers as needed. I'm leaning toward the Lorenz 2" 23% HD coil spring for the front after I add the Arb bumper and winch. I'm hoping they'll work with my existing stock length Bilsteins but I haven't emailed him yet to find out.
I had that exact setup which worked well. Problem was with extreme corrosion of the springs and SAW shocks. I live 5 miles from the ocean here. I sold that setup and are about to install Don's softride coils. I'm already running his 2.5 Kings. He's now offering a 2.0 Fox reservoir system which is probably plenty. He and Sage Carli are the best in the biz.

Fish

Adventurer
I had that exact setup which worked well. Problem was with extreme corrosion of the springs and SAW shocks. I live 5 miles from the ocean here. I sold that setup and are about to install Don's softride coils. I'm already running his 2.5 Kings. He's now offering a 2.0 Fox reservoir system which is probably plenty. He and Sage Carli are the best in the biz.

Just got back from spending the weekend in the desert with a bunch of Dodge guys. Both Sage and Don were there and spent a lot of time working on their respective customers' trucks. Now that's customer service! A few times I saw Sage and Don looking at trucks together discussing the finer points of suspension design.

Several people commented that it would've been great to see the other mfg's there.... just sayin'. NTG Racing (Pablo) and Sutherland Diesel Performance (Betty) were also there.

Those who were there know that it was truly a wrestling match between Carli and Thuren to determine who was best.

IMG_3379_small.jpg

TRACTION

Adventurer
Just got back from spending the weekend in the desert with a bunch of Dodge guys. Both Sage and Don were there and spent a lot of time working on their respective customers' trucks. Now that's customer service! A few times I saw Sage and Don looking at trucks together discussing the finer points of suspension design.

Several people commented that it would've been great to see the other mfg's there.... just sayin'. NTG Racing (Pablo) and Sutherland Diesel Performance (Betty) were also there.

Those who were there know that it was truly a wrestling match between Carli and Thuren to determine who was best.

IMG_3379_small.jpg

Great pic! A while back there was a magazine that did a suspension shootout between Kore, Carli, and Lorenz that had some pretty good info. It'd be awesome if they could do it again with all the latest gear and shock improvements and include Thuren this time.

TRACTION

Adventurer
Got my Warn M12000 rebuild finished finally and did a quick cleanup and paint on my Arb bumper complete despite the cold weather. Still have some wiring to work out but at least the heavy stuff is done.
1201001928_yBhSm-L.jpg

Also installed a Carli Differential Protector as well
1201011238_BgXyG-L.jpg

BCHauler

Adventurer
Looking good. Can I ask how you're liking the Hankooks? As a Washington Stater, you have a similar climate to me. How are they, wet, snow, offroad? Thanks.

Humvette

Adventurer
Lookin Sharp. I am in the same boat as you on this one. I need my truck to tow 12kish, i use it as a daily, but i want to use in on light expo stuff/camping. Hard Core Expo, i will just use the H1, but use the F350 to tow it close hehe.

Good Luck need more pics :)
M

TRACTION

Adventurer
Looking good. Can I ask how you're liking the Hankooks? As a Washington Stater, you have a similar climate to me. How are they, wet, snow, offroad? Thanks.

So far I've been impressed with the Hankook tires. On road they're equal or better than the BFG ATs which I ran before. We've only had a little snow since I've had them on so don't have a ton of experience with that but what they've done so far has been fine. Offroad is typical for an AT in this area which is to say they do OK but not great in the sticky stuff. In dry dirt and sand they're great. Nice thing also is the the price is reasonable too for this tire. I got mine from Discount.

my1stcummins

Adventurer
This looks like an awesome forum and and this truck is pretty sweet. You have very good taste.:smiley_drive:

I too bought my 07 for the same reasons and have done many similar mods. Purchased mine with 14k miles in Mt.Vernon at Karmart end of September of 08 the day the stockmarket crashed, so I got a sweet deal.

So far i've put on, AFE intake, 4" MBRP Exhaust, Level Kit, Defiant intercooler Skidplate, fender flares, canopy, nerfbars, HID's, Kenwood Nav/DVD, Infinity speakers, Alpine amp, alpine 10" sub., tint, ventvisors...

Are you thinking about any suspension upgrades? I'm tempted to throw in some soft ride springs and Bilstein 5100's. The desert washboards here in SoCal are killin me with this 3/4ton suspension.

How do you like your M101A2? I've been thinking about one too.

I miss the logging roads of Washington and Alaska.

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

KMV77

The Ram looks great! I had the Hankook Dynapro atm's on my old lifted 02Grand Cherokee. I felt the tires worked great especially on wet and icy surfaces. When I traded the jeep, I got a Tahoe that has BFG's on it. Comparing the 2 I'd say the Dynapro's are a little better. I'm comparing them on different vehicles though.
Kevin

TRACTION

Adventurer
Are you thinking about any suspension upgrades? I'm tempted to throw in some soft ride springs and Bilstein 5100's. The desert washboards here in SoCal are killin me with this 3/4ton suspension.

How do you like your M101A2? I've been thinking about one too.

I've thought quite a bit about suspension and have some idea of using Lorenz 2" springs to level it and their full leaf rear springs. I already have Bilstein 5100s and those were an improvement over stock. Not 100% sure yet on suspension and probably won't do it till next year. (We're in the process of adopting and it's not cheap!) Mostly need to research what's best for slow-roading. I don't do much fast stuff so I need shocks, springs that are appropriate for that rather than high speed.

I love the M101A2 but haven't pulled it in the dirt yet. Using it mostly for yard stuff at the moment. I plan to tear it apart, sandblast, and repaint it next year. Looking forward to that project and once it's done I'll pull the trailer up hunting for its maiden voyage in the dirt.

Hey thanks for the list of mods. I was just thinking of what to do to protect the condenser and tubing and that Defiant shield is perfect. Just called them and they said they stopped making them 2 years ago but the owner has a used one on the shelf he's selling me for cheap! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles