Galley Box Photos?

GaryMc

Explorer
Since Sportsmobile won't sell the side door galley box separately I was wondering if any of y'all had a good set of pics so I can get some base ideas and make my own. Please?

Thanks- Gary

jlrray

Are u talking about the box that attaches to the door?

It's nothing that big. Mine when weighed with stuff has destroyed the removable carpet underneath. I am also in the process of putting a fold out table along the top so I can use it for tying flies inside when in the cold. It's removable but a bit of a pain putting it back on with stuff inside. May rebuild mine from scratch using the same door mounting hardware.

bjm206

Adventurer
If you are talking about the box that attaches to the bumper swingarm opposite the spare tire swingarm on the aluminum bumpers then the folks that make them should be able to sell you one (they just sold me one).

Aluminess makes boxes (and bumpers) for SMB and if you go to http://www.aluminess.com/ you should be able to order one.

VANMAN

Observer
I realize this is an old post...but sportsmobile just sold me the galley box hardware including frame...for the side door.....I have to add the wood to match my interior....should be simple...talk to Peter.....I bought it November 2011.....

GaryMc

Explorer
I realize this is an old post...but sportsmobile just sold me the galley box hardware including frame...for the side door.....I have to add the wood to match my interior....should be simple...talk to Peter.....I bought it November 2011.....

May I ask how much they are charging for all of that?

KelsoD

The build thread says his friend made that for him. You might want to see if Van Specialties (www.vanspecialties.com) would be willing to make one and ship it to you. They are located in Tualatin, OR and do very quality work. I've seen some pretty cool galley boxes they've done. My van is being built out with them now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles