Our GXV Build

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Spotted the International as shown on the first page in Springfield, Mo. at the Holiday Inn Express at James River and US 65. It was awsome! All dark green and blacked out except for the AC unit on the roof and the fuel tanks.

Now, I'm finding or hearing, that these are made in Nixa, Mo. is that right? Mike Van Pelt? Geez, that would be like 15 miles away from my house! I'll have to research this and if so, I'll go for the tour! :Wow1:

EDITED:

WELL GEEEEZ! I just went to the home site and they have been under my nose all this time! Man, do I feel dumb now! Can I just erase this post? I never thought anything that cool would be comming out of my backyard! Oh well! I'll be watching for deals now....no wonder Ihave seen these on the highways and around Branson! Later...

Last edited:

chrismc

Adventurer
Ozarker, don't feel bad. I've been a fan of GXV for years and have followed their progress closely. I'm right up in St Louis, down in the Ozarks all the time for recreation, and still haven't made it over there for a visit. Its definitely cool that they're here at home, it seems like most of the really cool stuff usually comes from elsewhere (Prescott, anyone?). Makes me MO proud!

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
Yes, it is true, we are rolling in our new rig. We are stoked!!!
More to come, including pix of our rig. Stand by as we are on the road & heading west. Colorado is our first destination.

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
Just some teaser shots...

DSC0085-XL.jpg

DSC0086-XL.jpg

DSC0095-XL.jpg

There will be more, I promise.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Yep, that's the one I saw at the Hilton Express in SE Springfield....I see you went to Springfield Lake! :Wow1::wings:

Last edited:

SRUPike

Observer
I need GPS coordinates of where this is so I can pay omage to the godfather of all overland vehicles, every night as I go to bed. Not go get her DIRTY, can't wait to hear of the adventures...

Awesome job! GXV what an truck can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Last edited:

chrismc

Adventurer
Nice! The location of the window awning halfway up the side of the truck really gives a good sense of the scale of this thing.

It looks like you opted to pass on the "Natura Opening Wall" option. I always thought that looked a little goofy, but I'm curious what your reasoning was to skip it?

Indoor pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles