Our GXV Build

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
That is truly AWESOME. The first thing the gf said was, "What's it look like on the inside?" If you feel cool with it we would both love to see what you did with your interior. Also... I saw in the first shot the fuel tank looks like a flat oval configuration. Is that IH standard? How many gallons of fuel does she carry? I've also never seen an inside shot of the compartment on the back (under the slope). Is that storage or is that support equipment (tanks, pumps, heater, etc)?

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
2012 International

Earlier this afternoon my phone rang and Andy "Blackeye" called me up that he is driving through Denver with his brand new truck. We hang out for a couple of hours and I got a guided tour of the monster truck:)
I have to say that Andy and his wife are two amazing people and I am happy to know them. And yes, their truck is amazing as well.
Enjoy the photos, Tomas

P.S. Here are results of our meeting:

Attachments

• DSC3248-M.jpg
    DSC3248-M.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSC3253-M.jpg
    DSC3253-M.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • DSC3247-M.jpg
    DSC3247-M.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,053
  • DSC3249-M.jpg
    DSC3249-M.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSC3306-M.jpg
    DSC3306-M.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3,457
  • DSC3272-M.jpg
    DSC3272-M.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,286
  • DSC3261-M.jpg
    DSC3261-M.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,265
  • DSC3270-M.jpg
    DSC3270-M.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,278
  • DSC3257-M.jpg
    DSC3257-M.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,284
  • DSC3311-M.jpg
    DSC3311-M.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,113

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Beautiful.

attachment.php

Aluminess

Observer
Now that is Special. We need to see a photo of you and Robin standing next to it. Can't wait to see it. Very cool indeed. Thanks to GlobalMonkey for the photos.

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
Quick check in from the road. We are in the middle of the Rockies. I must say that I am so happy with the truck. It is powerful & rock solid.

We weighed it in Denver and it is a svelte 24k lbs. Well under the 33k GVWR.

I promise to respond to questions posted when we get back to civilization, that is IF we go back.

Thanks to all for your kind words & support. Special thanks to GlobalMonkey for our time together & for posting the pix.

More to come...

More to come...

Mine weighed 10200kg (22400 lb) at Unicat when new. Now fully loaded with fuel, water, food, tools, recovery gear, assorted stuff and front/rear winches it can weigh up to 12800kg (28200 lb).

Charlie

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thrilled to hear you folks are so happy with it :sombrero:

Congrats on the weigh-in ! Is that fully loaded ? Regardless, room to spare...

Looking forward to hearing more.

Gotta go check the lotto ticket ;)

Quick check in from the road. We are in the middle of the Rockies. I must say that I am so happy with the truck. It is powerful & rock solid.

<snip>

More to come...

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'd just like to add my congratulations and admiration. It is a handsome truck with outstanding specifications and I'm sure you'll have many impressive and enjoyable adventures with it.

:bowdown:

thetonka

Observer
I didn't see if the fuel mileage was posted. I'd love to convince the wife we need one of these, and it could easily to a trailer with more toys.

Not that I can afford it. :Wow1:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
P.S. Here are results of our meeting:

So...um... It may be just me, but does anyone else get the impression that Blackeye likes black and gray?!

Smokes!

It certainly is a very classy look on the interior, I love everything about it!

How hard is it to go through the pass through?? It just looked a touch narrow, but I could be deceived by the overall size of the vehicle.

Well, again, very nice and congratulations to you both!

Are you going to take it to Moab and drive up Potash road and through Shaffer Switch backs?

OLDTOM

Whats wrong with the F550

You show a great GXV and we wish you well..
We are very – very close to placing and order for the EarthRoma based on the Ford F550Your rather offhand comment regarding the F550 sets us thinking yet again. What’s wrong with the Ford F550.

Agree with your assessment of the UNIMOG but think you may look back and think perhaps the International is just a bit too wide for small mountain villages especially on market days. Would be interested in your experiences.

Regards OldTom on Tour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles