Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Our GXV Build

Very fun read from page 1.

Very inspiring to think about the "what if's" for myself in the future.

The question no one else has asked now that you have had it down the road a few miles, what do you regret about the vehicle? Did you not add something you wish you would have or found an option you thought you would use but haven't needed?

Also, maybe I missed it, are you also equipped with solar panels?

Just saw the show "Extreme RV" on the Travel Channel which did a whole feature on the GXV Overland Vehicle Line. Pretty amazing stuff and I cant wait to see your rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Very fun read from page 1.

Very inspiring to think about the "what if's" for myself in the future.

The question no one else has asked now that you have had it down the road a few miles, what do you regret about the vehicle? Did you not add something you wish you would have or found an option you thought you would use but haven't needed?

Also, maybe I missed it, are you also equipped with solar panels?
    Frank,

Thanks for your kind words. We discussed your questions and really the only thing that we "would do that we didn't do" would be to add a fold-out or slide out step for accessing the bed. We use a small folding step that easily fits into one of the drawers under the bed so ity is really not a big deal. We just thought it would be kinda trick to have a permanent step that stows away easily. I have discussed this with GXV and they are looking into incorporating this into future builds.

In response to your last question, yes, we have two solar panels on the roof.

Thanks,

Blackeye
    I wonder as I wander, out under the sky...

2012 INTERNATIONAL WorkStar 7500 4x4 with GXV Safari Extreme cabin
    http://www.overlandtraining.com/ Overland Certified #OC0008

Working my way down the East Coast, visiting friends and hiking on the AT and elsewhere.
    Hi Andy,

Vic here, we just met at the roadside viewing area north of Santa Barbara, CA. I have been having a great time reading about your GXV build! Still only up to page 10, but will have to finish another time. It was nice meeting and talking to you, will see you in the morning if you don't leave too early! I actually was heading north on 101 and was looking for a place to park for the evening when I saw you rig as I passed by. I had stopped at the same area heading south about 1 1/2 years ago so was trying to find it again. I made the first available U-turn to come back and check it out, figuring that I might find a place to park for the night as well.
    Enjoying God's Beautiful Creation

2001 Isuzu NPR HD, 5 speed - see http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=38961
    1990 Shadow Cruiser Truck Camper - Totally rebuilt
    2008 Honda CRF-230L
    Gary Fisher Joshua Z1 full susp. mt. bike

See some of my adventures here:
    http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=28256

Blackeye I belive I saw you in Alameda California today wanted to check out your rig but I was taking friends to the airport. Very sweet!

Thanks for the compliment. We were visiting family in Alameda. What a great little area!

Yes, it's a hidden gem.

Thank you very much for sharing your build and experiences with us. What a great vehicle. I really liked your Sportsmobile build as well. Both seem very nicely thought out. Anyway, I was curious, if you don't mind sharing of course, now that you have had the GXV for a little while how has the reliability been? Have you had any issues with the truck (engine transmission, suspension, accessories) or the expedition camper box (leaking windows, wiring issues, etc)?
    Last edited by Keyne; 07-13-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Blackeye,

I'm very interested in purchasing a Global Expedition Vehicle, Pangea model and I came across your awesome build. Have you any problems with it so far and how many miles do you have on it now? After having it for a while would you add or subtract any options if you built it again? Have you had a chance to take it off road and try out it's capabilities? Great looking truck, I'm going to go to the factory within the month and decide how I want to set mine up and your input would be grateful.

Thanks

diesel guy, PM sent.
    Thanks,
    Blackeye
    Last edited by Blackeye; 01-10-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617