Leer Camper Shell Hatch Glass

climber-420

Adventurer
Someone broke into my truck and shattered the glass on the back of my camper top. Easy fix? Plexiglass for now? Im really hoping I dont have to buy a new shell, just b/c the back glass is busted. If I can replace the glass, does anyone know about much it is? Live not far away from Denver if anyone has a contact down there thats reputable. Thanks.

mayhem

Observer
L and L glass in Arvada might be able to help you. They used to do all glass but moved mostly to showers. If they can't they will know of people who can...

They have done plexi work for me in the past and did a great job.

climber-420

Adventurer
Thanks for that. Im thinking after some research that the glass itself costs around $300 or so, which is insane to me. Gonna have to look at the junkyards and try to find just the back hatch to trade out with mine if possible.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
What kind of shell? I bought a Leer topper with a missing rear glass back in 2007 and getting a new one-piece rear glass was about $220 at a place called Truck Toys in Longmont. Leer dealers are independent so don't take the first estimate you get. The Leer dealer down the street wanted $400+ to replace my glass (I think he wanted me to buy a new topper from him rather than replace the glass) so I shopped around until I found Truck Toys.

Of course, that was for the SUV-style all-glass rear door. If you have the more conventional aluminum frame with a flat piece of glass almost any auto glass shop should be able to replace the glass for a lot less.

Mtn Mike

Observer
I've found the same thing; shop around the topper dealers. On my old Taco' I had an Raven top (made by Glasstite, I think). I've broken three windows out it on three different occasions. Different dealers would quote different prices. But in any case, the replacement was always strait forward. I think I remember the prices being around $200 average. No need for a new cap :wings:

Last edited:

climber-420

Adventurer
Found a place in Aurora I belive, called A & A toppers. Glass and install on the back frame of the topper, $199. Thats the winner. Thanks for all the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles