Half Cargo Drawer Concept/Solution.

VanGo

Explorer
Finished product. I'll post more tech later, I really only have enough time to post a few pictures at the moment.

VanGo

Explorer
I thought you were designing this so that you can use the extra seat?

Built mine today for a trip tomorrow. Came out nicely.

The picture represents my DD scenario, only when I have to carry more kid-o's do I remove the fridge and deploy the third row seat.

lovetoski

Observer
My two cents...

The powertank is super convenient, but bulky. There are many smaller options for airing up.

Kids are in the back seat, and their legs are short. Put stuff on the floor, the kids won't mind and it's a surprising amount of space.

Use the whole space behind the second row of seats. This requires a cargo barrier, but the advantage is that it allows you to fill the entire rear cargo space. It's a huge space, if you can use the whole of it.

Use a roof rack for light weight stuff (clothes, sleeping bags, etc). This won't affect your COG at all, but will give you lots more freedom inside the truck.

The single most important piece of advice - bring less stuff. Some Africans can walk 100 miles with their entire endowment in their hands. I couldn't do that, but they are an inspiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles