laptop mounting

southpier

Expedition Leader
i did a search for both "ram mount" and "jotto" and now have about 40 pages of reading material to go through ......

but the short version:

did we ever determine which manufacturer has the more favorable product?

i gave up reading when i got to the post that suggested the adaptation of a jotto brace to stop vibration on a ram mount!

thanks

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
actually myself and many others prefer the jeniko.com mount for $70
super stable, easy to customize and worth twice the price

UNI

Adventurer
We have the RAM Laptop mount in a Jeep. It was a no drill installation (easy install), it bolted right in place. The bracket I have uses the two front passenger seat bolts that hold the seat to the floor. You can raise, lower, swing in all different directions/angles to make it fit your needs or just to get it out of the way. The bracket also allows you to remove the tray, swing arm and a portion of the vertical stand out of the vehicle with just a twist of a knob. On the computer tray release, its just a twist of a side knob and the spring loaded tray spreads apart, so you can lift the computer off the tray.

southpier

Expedition Leader
thanks for the input. it may go on the "long list" once it warms up enough to work on the truck again.

targa88

Explorer
actually myself and many others prefer the jeniko.com mount for $70
super stable, easy to customize and worth twice the price

Second vote for the Jenniko.

Thx to Lance who introduced be to it.
Couple of years running strong with a netbook

Laptopmount.jpg

Spectyr

Observer
We have the RAM Laptop mount in a Jeep. It was a no drill installation (easy install), it bolted right in place. The bracket I have uses the two front passenger seat bolts that hold the seat to the floor. You can raise, lower, swing in all different directions/angles to make it fit your needs or just to get it out of the way. The bracket also allows you to remove the tray, swing arm and a portion of the vertical stand out of the vehicle with just a twist of a knob. On the computer tray release, its just a twist of a side knob and the spring loaded tray spreads apart, so you can lift the computer off the tray.

I read that this will move during off road travel. Any comment on this?

southpier

Expedition Leader
thinking things a little further through, i would probably make a second attachment consisting of a "head" to mount on the upright, and a piece of plywood for a "desk" surface. obviously to be used when stationary for reading, writing, painting, eating.

anyone ever do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke