squeeky boots.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
What gives? I rotate between 3 pair of boots. All-leather Timberland hikers, heavy Wolverine leathers & now a pair of Hi-Tech lightweight hikers. They all squeek when I walk! Is it me? Do I walk funny? The Hi-Techs are only a month old & just started squeeking last week. Is there a spray I can put on them (I smell WD40 jokes coming)

silvElise

Adventurer
What gives? I rotate between 3 pair of boots. All-leather Timberland hikers, heavy Wolverine leathers & now a pair of Hi-Tech lightweight hikers. They all squeek when I walk! Is it me? Do I walk funny? The Hi-Techs are only a month old & just started squeeking last week. Is there a spray I can put on them (I smell WD40 jokes coming)

What kind of socks do you wear? I use to wear dress shoes a lot then started wearing boots (cowboy boots to be exact). The thin dress socks were causing the squeak. Once I got different socks the squeak stopped...

May not be your problem but was mine

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
WD40 is for squeaky gloves - for boots you want teflon spray.

I'm religious about using foot powder in my boots - you might give it a try.

sidevalve

squeaky boot fixed

I had the same thing with some new boots - the same brand and size as the previous pair that never did it.

Solution - talcum powder between the insole and boot proper - took a couple of wears to get it sorted - but a cheap fix.

Worth a try for the price!

David

fowldarr

Explorer
If that doesn't work, take them to a boot repair guy. A lot of times it is the glue used between the boot and the sole. I had this problem with a pair of vasque, the boot repair guy was great. AND, happened to be a vasque dealer. So, instead of fixing them he sent them back, and said in his experience vasque would want them back to see if they could take them apart and make sure it doesn't happen. When I got the new ones, there was a note from vasque encolsed stating that they recently changed glues, and tehy hoped these would work better.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Is the squeek coming from the sole or the tongue...it its the tongue, get some chapstick, put it on the areas that rub together...worked for my boots that were squeeking at the tongue...sole area, try the powder...

JJackson

Explorer
I have had a few pairs of all leather boots make a squeaky/creaky sound. All I did was use some leather treatment at a point were an eyelet/catch was on a tab (I had to put it between the leather tab and the leather on the boots).

MuckSavage

Adventurer
The powder trick worked for the squeek for what it's worth. Problem is, the Hi-Tec's are worn to the point of a hole in the sole in less than 3 months time! To say I'm disappointed is mute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior