Thread: The Unimog

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22

    Default The Unimog

    I was cruising Craigslist and looking for some deals on accessories for my YJ and came across this beast.

    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2203765959.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by bwdenman View Post
    I was cruising Craigslist and looking for some deals on accessories for my YJ and came across this beast.

    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2203765959.html
    See those four Jerry cans on the back? That's how much fuel it would take to drive that thing 30 miles.
    It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hog Waller, GA
    Posts
    11,098
    I'd buy it if I had a place to keep it.

    I like 404s. Neat truck.
    Safety fast,
    Bill

    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
    - Helen Keller
    Forks Over Knives

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CDA, Id
    Posts
    1,266
    Pretty sure I saw that thing in Bend a couple weeks ago at Columbia Overland when I was driving through. It looks like thats where the pictures were taken.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    By the Mouse House AKA The Big D
    Posts
    803
    I love Mog's and that seems like a fair deal.






















    But why is this in the Jeep section??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Here, but Wishing I was There
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbutt View Post
    I love Mog's and that seems like a fair deal.

    But why is this in the Jeep section??
    Becuase he was looking for accessories for the yj....
    "Credo Quia Absurdum"

    '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x (Daily Driver)
    '93 XJ Sport (Adventure Vehicle)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CDA, Id
    Posts
    1,266
    Its the ultimate Jeep accessory. You use it to tow your Jeep to the trail, sleep comfortably in it at night, and tow your Jeep home.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Continuous Traveler
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbus4x4 View Post
    Pretty sure I saw that thing in Bend a couple weeks ago at Columbia Overland when I was driving through. It looks like thats where the pictures were taken.
    Yep that's the one. Thule is selling his beloved Mog.
    Larry
    2000 Land Rover DII
    KE7UYR

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus Oh
    Posts
    96
    That is still sweet...if you can afford the fuel!
    But it cant be worse than most motor homes.
    Veritas et Aequitas

    My XK Build

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •