Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep JT for SEMA

Thumbs up Jeep JT for SEMA

Make mine a diesel
    http://blogs.motortrend.com/6209223/...-be/index.html

If Jeep does produce the JT it would likely not include the lift kit and 35" tires but so what.

If you build it, they will come.

And they will be just about every Jeep enthusiast out there...I wonder if they gave any thought to a leaf spring setup, probably not though since it will come off the same assembly lines as the JK-Unlimited Wranglers if they are to actually produce it...o well....
    -Scott
    Member #901
    Engineer and Adventurer...

"When in doubt, bang it."

I think that AEV had a lot to do in the concept of this particular vehicle. As a matter of fact, those familiar with their 'Brute' offering will notice a ton of similarities.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/photos/album3.php
    - "Two roads diverged in a wood, and II took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Figures...they would keep a one piece body. If they are going to do it, they should do it right. Two piece body like the brute and a diesel.
    7.3 Super Duty, 4X4, Ext Cab Shortbed, 6 Spd Manual. Hawk FWC
    2006 Jeep Unlimited
    2011 Toyota 4Runner (Hers)

1980 HJ45 Diesel LBP (Sold to some dude in Utah)
    1984 Troopy, ExPo White (Sold to the same dude in Utah that bought my other dream truck)
    Kimberly Kamper (Sold to the Toyota Shaman)

Quote Originally Posted by 24HOURSOFNEVADA
    Figures...they would keep a one piece body. If they are going to do it, they should do it right. Two piece body like the brute and a diesel.
    I agree with that would like it much better with a bolt on box along with the diesel!
    Jerry KD0ZDX

2008 Land Rover LR3
    2013 Ducati HyperStrada

I agree, I like the look of a seperate cargo box better too...but the one piece design is alot more reminiscent of the old CJ-8.

I don't mind the 1 piece body, but I'd love to see a cover panel where the rear doors on the unlimited would have been.

Just a thought:
    If you did this, wouldn't you have a chance to gain some access to the footwell area for some extra dry storage? Think 2 door H1/HMMWV. They would be shallower than the footwells on a Hummer, but they would stretch the full width of the truck.
    "If you don't have parts left over, you did something wrong."

Default SIDEBAR Info

That JT was made from an Egyptian military model body, just FYI. A seperate box was not considered feasible. Secondarily, Hotchkiss suspension offered too little VCI to seriously be considered for the military in the Mideast. 3rdly, AEV either has or is in the process of opening a Detroit office to work with JTE.

Best regards,

Bob Sheaves
    CEO
    catNET Incorporated
    http://www.catnetsolutions.com

I realize the TJL 2 door pickup was designed and built for the Egyptian Army as well as other overseas customers. I also realize this is probably based on that design.

That said...Why would Jeep be parading it around the trail and show circuit if its just the newest version of a truck that won't be offered in the US market?
    I think they took the idea from the TJL and tweaked it to bring it into our market on the JK platform.

Bob - Please don't bust my bubble just yet.
    "If you don't have parts left over, you did something wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by stainless
    I realize the TJL 2 door pickup was designed and built for the Egyptian Army as well as other overseas customers. I also realize this is probably based on that design.

That said...Why would Jeep be parading it around the trail and show circuit if its just the newest version of a truck that won't be offered in the US market?
    I think they took the idea from the TJL and tweaked it to bring it into our market on the JK platform.

Bob - Please don't bust my bubble just yet.
    I did not mean that...coming from JTE, my peepee is stading out about a foot in anticipation for this thing as it is!!!

Best regards,

Bob Sheaves
    CEO
    catNET Incorporated
    http://www.catnetsolutions.com

Yet another pickup version... :yawn: I'll get excited when they actually make it into production.

hopefully by then, they'll get rid of the front fender flares that are as wide as a diving board!!!!!!!!!
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast