Jeep JT for SEMA

2500Adventures

Adventurer
If you build it, they will come.

And they will be just about every Jeep enthusiast out there...I wonder if they gave any thought to a leaf spring setup, probably not though since it will come off the same assembly lines as the JK-Unlimited Wranglers if they are to actually produce it...o well....

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Figures...they would keep a one piece body. If they are going to do it, they should do it right. Two piece body like the brute and a diesel.

jerdog53

Explorer
24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
Figures...they would keep a one piece body. If they are going to do it, they should do it right. Two piece body like the brute and a diesel.

I agree with that would like it much better with a bolt on box along with the diesel!:wings:

stainless

Observer
I agree, I like the look of a seperate cargo box better too...but the one piece design is alot more reminiscent of the old CJ-8.

I don't mind the 1 piece body, but I'd love to see a cover panel where the rear doors on the unlimited would have been.
:rolleyes:
Just a thought:
If you did this, wouldn't you have a chance to gain some access to the footwell area for some extra dry storage? Think 2 door H1/HMMWV. They would be shallower than the footwells on a Hummer, but they would stretch the full width of the truck.

Bob_Sheaves

Observer
SIDEBAR Info

That JT was made from an Egyptian military model body, just FYI. A seperate box was not considered feasible. Secondarily, Hotchkiss suspension offered too little VCI to seriously be considered for the military in the Mideast. 3rdly, AEV either has or is in the process of opening a Detroit office to work with JTE.

Best regards,

Bob Sheaves
CEO
catNET Incorporated
http://www.catnetsolutions.com

stainless

Observer
I realize the TJL 2 door pickup was designed and built for the Egyptian Army as well as other overseas customers. I also realize this is probably based on that design.

That said...Why would Jeep be parading it around the trail and show circuit if its just the newest version of a truck that won't be offered in the US market?
I think they took the idea from the TJL and tweaked it to bring it into our market on the JK platform.

Bob - Please don't bust my bubble just yet.

Bob_Sheaves

Observer
stainless said:
I realize the TJL 2 door pickup was designed and built for the Egyptian Army as well as other overseas customers. I also realize this is probably based on that design.

That said...Why would Jeep be parading it around the trail and show circuit if its just the newest version of a truck that won't be offered in the US market?
I think they took the idea from the TJL and tweaked it to bring it into our market on the JK platform.

Bob - Please don't bust my bubble just yet.
I did not mean that...coming from JTE, my peepee is stading out about a foot in anticipation for this thing as it is!!! :wings:

Best regards,

Bob Sheaves
CEO
catNET Incorporated
http://www.catnetsolutions.com

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yet another pickup version... :yawn: I'll get excited when they actually make it into production.

hopefully by then, they'll get rid of the front fender flares that are as wide as a diving board!!!!!!!!!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
From a friend:
No Show Car
Seeing's how they used the Lib's 3.8L in it I'd sure hope that the CRD is an option. If so I'd be willing to consider some subterfuge to get one here in the PRK.

XXXpedition

Explorer
i dig those rims!!!
6390909.w600.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I spent allot of time with this particular vehicle in Moab & it actually "stayed the night" with us @ our motorhome one evening. It's actually a LWB JK, probably a pre production version that was destined for the crusher. The Egypt models actaully have a leaf spring rear suspension with a Dana 60. They wheeled that thing all over Moab, I have video of it going up Hell's Gate as well as one of the hot tubs. I think it had a good response, and it would be cool if they went into production.

l_53e226443de1ba2dcc5c61460b864bd1.jpg

toledotimber

Observer
ujointclothing said:
I spent allot of time with this particular vehicle in Moab & it actually "stayed the night" with us @ our motorhome one evening. It's actually a LWB JK, probably a pre production version that was destined for the crusher. The Egypt models actaully have a leaf spring rear suspension with a Dana 60. They wheeled that thing all over Moab, I have video of it going up Hell's Gate as well as one of the hot tubs. I think it had a good response, and it would be cool if they went into production.

l_53e226443de1ba2dcc5c61460b864bd1.jpg
Read the article in the new JP Magazine about it. It IS based off the TJ-L from Egypt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles