2006 GMC DuraMax

poriggity

Explorer
Kilby DID sell his business, to someone else.. Who I personally will not give my business to. It's a personal thing with me. I know Brad personally, and consider him a friend, and won't support the buyers of his business, for this reason.

blue dog

Adventurer
Kilby DID sell his business, to someone else.. Who I personally will not give my business to. It's a personal thing with me. I know Brad personally, and consider him a friend, and won't support the buyers of his business, for this reason.

Had no idea, brad almost bought a dodge from last year, he was going strong then.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Bored, putting off doing some yardwork that I have successfully put off for three weeks while we were in Baja for the 1000, and then a week in at Truckhaven (Salton Sea area).

We had a great trip to Silverton, truck/camper/trailer all worked well. I did manage three flats on the trailer on the way home. Tires were less than two years old...trailer had sat for maybe 9 months since it's last use. I'd say I might have been a tad overloaded, and the trailer sitting/flat spotting tires may have played a role in the flats. Oh, and I carry one trailer spare...I'll let you do that math...turned a 12-14 hour trip into a 22 hour trip. The boss says we need to start carrying two trailer spares...and she authorized the funds!

The camper continues to hold up well, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again. I think there may be a little sag in the roof from the roof air. If so, it is so minimal that I really have to look to see it. For my use the roof air has been great, cools the interior down quickly on 100+ degree days, Honda 2kw generator still meeting the power tasks.

On the to-do list is adding an outside water spigot from the installed fresh water system. I intend to run it to a Coleman On Demand water heater. Ten gallons of hot water when needed will be nice, beat the hell out of cold sponge baths from the sink!

Off to do the yard work.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Jack is right on the money by my experience too. Ditch the "trailer" rated tires and get some regular LT style tires, preferably load range D or E and you'll likely never have another problem. I've never seen a trailer tire wear out, they always blow long before the tread wears off! Think about it.
C

bob91yj

Resident **************
I've had the same thoughts, can't find an LT tire in my size, Load range E's trailer tires are the best I can find. With my trailer, I can't fit bigger tires in the wheel wells.

Take the wieght off of the tires when in storage and don't overload the trailer is the real answer!

UglyScout

Observer
Nice setup! I love my Chevy/popup combo.

I've done the 3 trailer flat in one day as well.... Luckly I was 10 miles from home when the last one blew. I now carry 2 spares :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz