Little Guy

flight risk

flightrisk - if you don't mind me asking, do you have a link where you have posted your experiences with your trailer?

I do not mind...

I do not have a link of my experiences- I am off the grid as much as possible.
And, if you are talking about my "issues" with my trailer, I have been trying to handle them as delicately as possible and I do not feel any need (at this point) to bash little guy (not that anybody is and I certainly do not want to be the first).

I do, however, COMPLETELY understand where HD is coming from (100%), especially for the price.

I am always open to questions and concerns and if i have stepped on anybodies toes- I apologize.

Sincerely,
Les

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks, Les.

I'm still waiting for updates, btw. Personal problem at the factory forced a delay.
It's too hot to camp right now anyhow.

flight risk

Thanks, Les.

I'm still waiting for updates, btw. Personal problem at the factory forced a delay.
It's too hot to camp right now anyhow.

My experience started by "WAITING" on updates, replies and today I am waiting for a wiring schematic- 3 weeks now. But the guys at the shop are working on it.

Les

flight risk

Bill,

I am glad they are trying... I am still waiting for my schematics. I am having a problem with my AC unit- not expelling the condenser waste/water and I cannot find out where it is going. I know it is generating moisture- I live in the south.
Also, I need a wiring schematic because I am getting "zapped" when I use my body to ground the vehicle- I know that sounds wierd, but when I am standing barefoot on the wet (dew on grass) ground and I lean against "any steel" part of the vehicle.....zzzzzzzzzpppp. It is like putting a 9 volt to the tongue!
Anyhow- I am waiting (again)

Hope all is working for you,still

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Also, I need a wiring schematic because I am getting "zapped" when I use my body to ground the vehicle- I know that sounds wierd, but when I am standing barefoot on the wet (dew on grass) ground and I lean against "any steel" part of the vehicle.....zzzzzzzzzpppp. It is like putting a 9 volt to the tongue!

I'm not sure if that's even possible unless the trailer is plugged into shore power.

I'm trying to imagine how it could happen without shore power, but the only things that touch the ground (correct me if I'm wrong) is the tongue jack and the levelers in the back.

Those would all be grounded to (bolted to) the frame, and thus would not create a circuit path through the planet even if a hot wire was shorted to the frame.

I could see it with shore power connected, but if you are using a GFCI between the shore power and the trailer, then it should trip when you short the path to ground.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
They've redone the floor in the cabin, made it easier to open, less prone to sag, and generally smarter.

Sink is gone, new laminate. Sturdy latches on the stove drawer and fridge slide.
Propane tank to be mounted to the exterior, new fenders on order, new landing gear in the works, batteries up front in the box on the tongue, new jockey wheel, new battery charger, license plate relocated to center-rear of hatch.

Can't wait...

LGgalleyredux.jpg

CLK Foxhall

Adventurer
Glad to hear!

You've been more than patient,... & I hope everything works out they way you wish.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!
~CLK

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The last of the parts should arrive today and tomorrow; I should get it back next week.
That will make it just shy of 8 weeks back at the factory.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
They've redone the floor in the cabin, made it easier to open, less prone to sag, and generally smarter.

Sink is gone, new laminate. Sturdy latches on the stove drawer and fridge slide.
Propane tank to be mounted to the exterior, new fenders on order, new landing gear in the works, batteries up front in the box on the tongue, new jockey wheel, new battery charger, license plate relocated to center-rear of hatch.

Can't wait...

LGgalleyredux.jpg

That looks and sounds about ten times better. It should have been done from the get-go, but I am glad for you that they are making it right.

Im waiting on this stupid heat to break, and I am also jonesing to get out in the woods.

Maybe we can plan something tomorrow at lunch... when should you get it back???

I still have to do an axles flip on the pop up to gain a little ground clearance, but thatll be easy with the newt 2 post lift. :)

~ Stump

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That looks and sounds about ten times better. It should have been done from the get-go, but I am glad for you that they are making it right.

Im waiting on this stupid heat to break, and I am also jonesing to get out in the woods.

Maybe we can plan something tomorrow at lunch... when should you get it back???

~ Stump
I'm supposed to get it back sometime next week.
Not sure where to go first...
Would you need power or are you ready to be off the grid?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I I have an EU2000 if I NEED power, but I have batteries too. No much need for power, but im not going anywhere until it gets significantly cooler. I work out in the heat all day, Ill be damned if im going to do it on the weekends too.

~ Stump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94