Vintage Four Wheel Bronco camper

bronconut

Observer
Made a 3,700 mile/five day road trip out to North Carolina to pick up a Early Bronco Four Wheel camper. Plans are to run it in my current trail rig Bronco but I'll be building a 1970 Bronco this summer to put it on. I called Four Wheel campers up the other day and the guy was amazed about the trip I made to get the camper. I also need new fabric for the pop up section and was quoted $1,000 for it I don't mind paying that but does anybody know of any other companies that could sew up a new fabric section for me?

Attachments

• bronco camper.jpg
    bronco camper.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 153

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
You might want to try calling Five Star RV in Colorado.

I know they have been doing alot of repairs on the older Four Wheel Campers over the years.

Here is their web site ...

http://fivestarrv.com/

Good luck with the new project.

It should be a sweet set up when you have it all completed and restored.

Happy Camping !!

:)

Attachments

• Ford Bronco Custom Built FWC 2008 #7.JPG
    Ford Bronco Custom Built FWC 2008 #7.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 58
  • Bronco with FWCamper.jpg
    Bronco with FWCamper.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 58

teleturns

Adventurer
Hey Bronconut

Give a call to Coyote/Phoenix Pop-up Campers in Denver. They are the original builders of Four Wheel Campers and then sold the name. I am guessing they built the camper you have and I think they still service the old Four Wheel Campers.

Here is a link
http://www.coyoterv.biz/

bronconut

Observer
Gathering the Bronco parts as we speak. Going on a kind of cool 1970 Bronco that's first owner was the U.S goverment. Plans call for a 5.8L backed by a ZF 5 speed and a 205 transfer case. I'll be running full width axles with a 8 lug Dana 44 front and a Sterling 10.25 in the rear. Still up in the air on EFI or not I like the idea of a simple carb but I've done quite a few EFI swaps so that won't be a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles