2011 Tacoma Regular Cab

jcook5003

Hey Guys-

Just purchased a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L Auto.

I was hoping to add just a few items to help it take the place of my old Jeep Wrangler.

I'd like to know if I can fit a 31x10.50 tire on the truck stock? If not is there a good way to get the truck level or a mild lift? 1" or so, or is it even needed?

I'd also like to know some of the more popular truck cap options?

Thanks and hope to share lots more here.

Josh

sctracker

Observer
My old pickup fits 31s stock with no rubbing and I'm pretty sure the taco's have more room than the pickups. A good tire shop will know if you call them. What kind of tires are you getting?

southpier

Expedition Leader
Leer cap with medium rise, tilt front window & stock slider side windows. i opted for 'no carpet lining' because i want to insulate & panel it. if the thermometer ever gets above 32 degrees.

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
Hi Josh,

You can fit the equivalent to a 31x10.50 in a metric tire on the truck using a 16" wheel. I don't know of any 15" wheels that fit the 05+ Tacomas.

I have an '06 regular cab that I run 255/85/16 tires (roughly 33"x10") with just a small lift.

Jacque

15" wheels will not fit on the new tacomas (31x10.50s are generally only made for a 15" wheel). The stock 245/75/16s are around 30.5" tall and 9.5" wide. You can easily fit a 265/70/16 which is the equivalent to a 31x10.50 or a 265/75/16 which is equivalent to a 32x10.50. These can both be ran without any lift, you may have some very slight rubbing with the 265/75s. I have 265/75s on my 2.7l access cab and have no problems running them at all, just a little sluggish in the mountains but with the reg cab this should be less of an issue.

jcook5003

Well one small update......

I went to pick the truck from dealer and it had been sold, SOOOO....I wound up with a Graphite Extended Cab 4x4 with 2.7L and 5 Speed SR5. It's a lot more truck than the regular cab, but I do prefer a manual I just hated the horrible bench seat in the manual transmission regular cab models. I think it's a shame Toyota no longer offers an SR5 packaged regular cab, I'd snap one up.

Any, thanks for the tire info, I'm planning on trying to stay stock or mild lift, I think the metric equivalent 32's would be really nice for what I want. I am currently shopping BFG AT's and BFG MT KM2's. Any advice here? I was hoping to stick with the stock steel wheels.

I'm shopping caps now and might go to the local Leer dealer Monday to see some in person to get a better feel for all the options they offer.

I'm also shopping for bumpers, doesnt seem like tube products have caught on the 05+ models yet. Anyone know someone making a quality tube front and rear bumper, would also love some sliders that match.

Thanks
Josh

Congratulations, you will love the truck. I have an 07 just like yours and it fits the bill perfectly. You should get around 25 mpg mixed stock and I get 22-24 mpg with 265/75s and a cap. I would caution you to watch the weight you add to this truck, it piles on quick and while I feel my truck has enough power to get down the road when I load it up heavy for a camping trip it can be a struggle to get up the mountains.

Enjoy your truck and keep us updated.

jcook5003

So i'm about ready to order my tires. I think I'm gonna go with the 265/75/16 size. It seems a nice mix between height, width, price and ability.

I'm thinking about installing a small lift at the same time, what are the popular options for 1.5-2.5 inches of lift on these trucks?

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
So i'm about ready to order my tires. I think I'm gonna go with the 265/75/16 size. It seems a nice mix between height, width, price and ability.

I'm thinking about installing a small lift at the same time, what are the popular options for 1.5-2.5 inches of lift on these trucks?

Probably the OME and Icon. Both are great options at two different price and performance levels.

jcook5003

Awesome thanks, I dont need anything super capable or flexy but a nice ride is pretty important to me, as is quality. I mostly ride logging roads and graveled forest service roads.

Mostly I'm looking for the extra ground clearance to get me into my favorite camping spots and fishing holes. :sombrero:

jcook5003

So it's finally time to buy a lift for this truck.

I'm shopping at http://www.toyteclifts.com and I have some questions about the kit choices.

I'm going to use this truck as my DD and for weekend camping/getting my kayak to the river etc. I dont need huge flex but would like decent ride.

Is there any reason not to buy the ToyTec spacer/Coil lift kit? It's only $299. Includes, Rear AAL and Front OME Coils and Spacers......Seems like it might suit what I want to do perfectly....

Opinions?

Owyhee H

Adventurer
With OME coils you can get all the lift you want with out any spacer. Spacers are not the best option for lift, there are many reasons why. If you are getting OME coils I would get the OME struts as well. The spring rate of the OME coils is higher than the stock coils and they wont work well with the stock struts (incorrect dampening). The rear shocks are the same with the aal. If you dont want to spend all the money now....wait and do it the right the first time. The ICON setup is very nice, but for your purposes the OME and aal setup should be perfect. OME is a highquality, low mainainance, rugged option that is setup to work together as a system.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles