MAN/Smart Car

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I looked at the US version and they are 106" long. Is there a shorter smart car?

The one in the picture is a pre 2008 model. In europe you could buy them in diesel and gas... In Canada we "only" had the diesel model till 2009 when they introduced the newer model with a gas engine only... the same time they started selling them in the US. Therefore, the ones you see in the states are all the newer model, I believe they are 4" longer and 2" wider...

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
gives you a chance to buy a uni to match your smart car, you know no smart car is complete without its own unicat

Well I thought the unicat was a factory option for the Smart Car.

You should have just checked the Unicat box on your order form.

humm... I may have to ask my smart dealer about that...

What kind of mileage do you get with the diesel?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Well I thought the unicat was a factory option for the Smart Car.

You should have just checked the Unicat box on your order form.

humm... I may have to ask my smart dealer about that...

What kind of mileage do you get with the diesel?

It's about 70miles/gallon or in metric 3.9l/100km. For that, I don't even have to try hard... I'm sure i could get it lower then that!

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
I looked at the US version and they are 106" long. Is there a shorter smart car?

As Victorian(?) pointed out this is an older Smart, but the US version of the current Smart is 2-4 inches longer than the Euro version due to the difference in bumper and safety regulations.

Actually I like the Unicat that launches a quad under the truck from a compartment behind the rear bumper, sort of like an elephant having a baby.

Jim

chp-sk8

Adventurer
Sweet!

I am getting bent over a $500 mxhauler LOL!!!:Wow1: If you rock any of these big rigs...good on you! I love seeing people roll these, makes my SB look small again :coffeedrink:

dzzz

Actually I like the Unicat that launches a quad under the truck from a compartment behind the rear bumper, sort of like an elephant having a baby.

Jim

It's clever but likely complicated. I would rather use a more standard lift that could use generic repair parts.

at the point a smart car is considered perhaps the user should consider a tractor type arrangement where the camper can be separated from the tow vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier