Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camper shell mods

Default Camper shell mods

I have seen alot of sleeping platforms and drawer systems for truck camper shells (toppers). But has anyone else done other mods or add-ons? I have a camper shell on my truck that I bought cheap and used, so I feel like I can do what I want with it, without feeling like I am loosing my investment.

Often thought about making my side windows lift out so I can reach inside contents from the windows. Also, thought about attaching a custom rack system to it or putting in some overhead storage to stuff is out of the way.

Just looking for those pics of ideas that others have done with their camper shells.

- fettsway

I have been planning to chop the top and convert it to a doormobile/ westfalia bunk top. I'm not too sure about storage up high though. Surfboard storage inside up high is nice, just not sure what else you could put up in the top.

You can find my build-up here. There's nothing that I would change - even after living out of it for 3 weeks and having it back there for nearly a year now.

I saw this strut and thought it would be cool to hang a stick or two from the shell's ceiling. It would make attaching lights, fans, etc easy.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#strut-channel-systems/=b23gaj
    2011 Tacoma TRD Offroad Double Cab, 6 spd, stock
    Howling Moon glamping penthouse

I'm all about head room, I've got to be able to sit up, can't be trapped inside your truck in bad weather and not be able to sit up. My stuff stays in storage boxes, I can put them under the truck or up in front if I have to and as thecriscokid points out surfboards strapped up to ceiling works nice.

97' Toyota T100 SR5 4x4 Manual Trans.

I would love more info about this cap... possibly a shot from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by G100 View Post
    I'm all about head room, I've got to be able to sit up, can't be trapped inside your truck in bad weather and not be able to sit up. My stuff stays in storage boxes, I can put them under the truck or up in front if I have to and as thecriscokid points out surfboards strapped up to ceiling works nice.

97' Toyota T100 SR5 4x4 Manual Trans.

Awesome. Thanks.

G100, I checked out that whole thread. Wow! An awning for a pickup truck? I never would have imagined! Nice job with your setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast