Value? My 1988 suburban CLEAN lifted white on blue

coreys88burban

Adventurer
please no more tech questions here! my build thread is linked below ask them there thanks.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=735593#post735593

lots more pictures on the rest of the pages not just page #1.

just like to see what yall value it at.

33796339822.jpg

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Since the intent of this post is to identify value rather than sell, moving to Domestic vehicles section.

Clean truck though. Around here it's rare to find one that rust free;)

herm

Adventurer
how did you do the battery isolator? I would like to do this in my truck but am not sure i am happy with the parts store solutions. thinking about just a switch and sylonoide. one position for charge while running the truck and then a position for isolated when not running the truck.

clandr1

Adventurer
how did you do the battery isolator? I would like to do this in my truck but am not sure i am happy with the parts store solutions. thinking about just a switch and sylonoide. one position for charge while running the truck and then a position for isolated when not running the truck.

I copied this install in my Jimmy and it works great. It's fully automatic and the Blue Sea relay will auto disconnect (open) when the battery voltage drops on one side or the other. When it senses a charge over 12.75 volts for 30 seconds it reconnects the batteries. Very slick setup and I think I had right around $300 invested with wire, cable ends, Blue Sea relay and fuses.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/442538-budget-dual-battery-system.html

coreys88burban

Adventurer

i didnt do it. i got the truck with the batterys like that.

Little Red

Adventurer
resell value

Well there is a difference in actual value of your vehicle and resell value.
I believe you want to know the resell value, this is always less than the actual value of your vehicle.

For your Suburban I would say around 3000. That is considering the current economy and the fact that it is a gas guzzler, as well as that your truck seems to be in very good cosmetically shape. I have bought and sold a few of these and have been to many auctions. I think you should be able to sell it fairly easy for around 2500, with some more time and good advertising 3000 should be doable, anything above that I would be really surprised to see.

Hope that helps...:sombrero:

Rot Box

Explorer
If I was in the market for that body style Suburban I would plan on spending at least 3k for one that clean, strait and dependable. Anything over 5k is pushing it around here, but I wouldn't go less than 3k if I was selling... Hope that helps.

You have a very nice rig hopefully you aren't going to bail on it?! :Wow1:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I apparently have no clue, as mine is still available:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55432
However, I have had considerable interest, so can't be too far off. On the other hand, still not sold. Bottom line, for $3-5k why would you think of selling it? I mean where can you find good solid 4x4 transportation for that kind of $$? I am not even looking to profit on mine, but will not give it away either. Long story short, there does seem to be demand, but finding the buyer looking for what you have is the magic... Best of luck, and the more I drive mine, the more difficult it is to part from.

coreys88burban

Adventurer
yea im in no hurry to sell it i was just wondering what people would pay, i got it at a dealer WITH tax for $3412.00 and wouldnt sell it for anywhere near that.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Corey, keep that nice Burb, and lets see more pics of you wheeling your truck in the furure.:pROFSheriffHL:

coreys88burban

Adventurer
Corey, keep that nice Burb, and lets see more pics of you wheeling your truck in the furure.:pROFSheriffHL:

oh yea im keepin it, im just one of thse people who belive in the saying that everything is for sale for the right price. lol
Ill get some wheeling pictures as soon as i can, actually i was planning on going to the mountians tomorrow but the snow level just dropped to 500 feet so it would be pointless. theyll be good ones too i hope as im not afraid of breaking stuff...not something youd belive seeing my truck but thats becuase i havent had a chance. HAHAHA

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
From what I can see, you got a great deal on that Burb. It all comes down to finding the right buyer. If you find a buyer who appreciates the upgrades (and would do it himself, anyway) then you'll get more cash. The average Joe looking for a 4X4 family wagon wouldn't pay as much.

Terrainist

Explorer
Since everything does have a price, you could fish on CL. List it for what you would sell it for, let the ad run till it sells. If the ad is up there for 6 months, no biggie.

I'm not a Burb guy, you would almost have to pay me to take it. Especially with 4 dollar gas this summer, and it's only going to go up from there. Dig your grease-able shackles and sway bar disconnect. I would ditch your door steps if you are going to try to sell it, they don't go with your truck that good IMO. It's a clean, good looking truck though - no doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94