Pico Arm Chair $67.00

mudbutt

Explorer
ok i'll bite, what makes this chair worth the 40,50,60 bucks over the $5 academy or walmart folding chair of the same style as the giant one posted above? do they fold down smaller? are they significantly lighter?

You get what you pay for. I've never owned one, but they are supposed to last forever.

I have sat in one and they are SUPER comfortable....

And they go well with wiffle-ball bats.....

They are pretty compact when folded as well.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Don't forget the British Campaign Furniture Roorkhee Chair for $790. I whine, but I'm really just jealous. I'd buy one if my discretionary income was of that scale.
main.jpg
You and me both. But being the thrifty and cautious type, I think I'd be afraid to take it off-road even if I could afford one.

Back on topic though, I have been using the inexpensive ones from K-Mart and other places for a number of years and have been quite satisfied with them. They've been used and abused and keep coming back for more. The only things they don't have are braggin' rights and bling. Although I wouldn't mind a little bling now and then. :D

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
GCI X-press lounger

I did order an express lounger today, the next version down from the PICO, I figured the telescoping part that folded up on the PICO would just get full of dirt anyway and the lounger model folds up pretty compact as well, and it's cheaper to buy. I also hate bag chairs and hope this will live up to it's reviews.

Final purchase was ordered from Camping World at 55.55 with $4+ for tax and 11+for shipping, no membership was asked for, if so the deal was off for me.

I'll let you know what I think when it comes!

Doug
w6jds

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
I received my Express Lounger from Camping World today, it is of course made in United States of China. It it is very heavily made and it's also heavy in weight as well. It folds up easy, although you need to bang the telescope part sometimes get it going but it works.

It is compact for a Jeep owner and thats what I like, it is as comfortable as any other director's chair I guess. To me the PICO would have been overkill with all the pockets and good places I wouldn't use.

I guess I would call this a fair buy and would do it again if need be!

Doug, w6jds

lowenbrau

Explorer
They tend to get stickier as they get older/dirtier. A bit of gun oil fixes them right up. I find the smell of Hoppes number 9 to be comforting around the campfire. :elkgrin:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I started my own thread about the Costco deal here in Canada, I think that was at the end of Feb. when I bought mine. ($52.99)
I mostly like the compact package when they are folded up, WAY easier to pack and store, especially in a vehicle on a trip.
I have used the longer walmart style for years, they seem to last long enough for my limited uses, and they were always cheap, but they take up quite a bit of space in their "folded" position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz