ScanGaugeII

Mine is holding up fine and it sees alot of use as its installed to clear codes resulting from an interface problem with my Unichip. I've run it full time now since I installed it 6 months ago with no issues. I typically have to clear 2-3 misfire codes a day although Unichip has supposedly began production on a new piggyback specifically for my application so I am hoping to be done with all of this soon.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Do you have a Toyota? Last I looked they were not included for tranny temps. That's what I was waiting for...

HenryJ said:
I sent mine back to Linear Logic for the upgrade: http://www.scangauge.com/support/upgrade.shtml

This thing rocks! Easily user programmable for additional gauges.
Why do you have to program gauges? Differences and options available. You really don't want to scroll through a list of inactive gauges. It is better to add those that you want and can use.

I will admit to be somewhat intimidated by the instruction book. Finally I jumped in and it clicked.

You need to print out this file Xgauge list of data to enter for vehicle specific gauges (PDF File) This gives you the line of information needed to add your choice of gauge.
I added a transmission temperature gauge as an example.

Adding transmission temperature to my truck:

Press the red circled home button first.

MORE>MORE>MORE>XGAUGE

Select the memory number for the new gauge. I chose 20 using the upper right button.
Next choose EDIT (lower left)

This is where the information from the PDF chart is entered. The first input screen is TXD
Use the left buttons to change the numeral or letter , up or down. The upper right button advances to the next digit. If you go too far or make a mistake just keep advancing and it will start again at the beginning.

Enter 6C10F122194001 and select OK

RXF = 046205190640 , OK
RXD = 3008 , OK
MTH = 00090005FFD8 , OK
NAME = TFT , OK
SAVE

Done! Now you have transmission temperature available when you scroll through the list. It is only a couple degrees off of my other gauge while cold. It will be fun to closely compare :D
I also added horsepower.

Two thumbs up!

Hind sight being 20/20, if I was to invest in a transmission temperature gauge, this would be the only choice. The versatility and cost are very good. I can scan and clear a code on the road if needed. Monitor voltage and mileage. Any gauge I might want too.
Really a good value for the investment.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Ursidae69 said:
How are all the ScanGuages holding up? I'm not sure they were meant for full-time use were they? So I'm wondering if anyone has any complaints thus far. I still am considering one of these.

Thx.

Mine has been in for almost a year IIRC. No problems!

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
teotwaki said:
Do you have a Toyota? Last I looked they were not included for tranny temps. That's what I was waiting for...

I got excited to when I saw the post, but I believe HenryJ has a GM.

I talked with Ron from Linear Logic a couple of weeks ago and he said Toyota is at the top of their list for codes. FWIW

slooowr6

Explorer
LandCruiserPhil said:
I got excited to when I saw the post, but I believe HenryJ has a GM.

I talked with Ron from Linear Logic a couple of weeks ago and he said Toyota is at the top of their list for codes. FWIW

They are having issue with codes for Toyota. I'm waiting as well.

EricBirk

Adventurer
Digging up the dead...
Hey guys,

I have been looking into one of these as well for my 02 Taco and want to make sure it will indeed read tranny temps.
Any updates?

EricBirk

Adventurer
I emailed Linear Logic and got this response.
"Hello Eric,

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, transmission temperature is only available for Ford, GM and some VW vehicles via the X-Gauge feature. The X-Gauge comes standard on the ScanGauge II and allows you to program extra gauges into your unit for your vehicle. Our engineers have found a code in order for the ScanGauge II to display transmission temperature for Toyota vehicles, however it is very experimental so there is a possiblility that the code may not work.

TXD: 686AF101B4
RXF: 044105B4
RXD: 2010
MTH: 000703E8FFD8
NAM: TFT

Please let us know the results of the this code for your vehicle and if you have any further questions."

Has anyone, or can anyone try this and let me know what they come back with.

EricBirk

Adventurer
I ordered mine from Tom @ Gifford Automotive last week. Got back in town last night, and to work this morning to find a nice little package on my desk.
Cant wait to get it hooked up!

I will update if I can get the tranny temp to work.

If anyone wants to order one I highly recomment Gifford Automotive. Best pricing I found in Canada, with shipping included. I received it in 3 days, Tom even threw in a handy little multi-tool. Nothing but positive things to say about Tom, an absolutely fantastic guy to do business with.

96r50

Observer
Having dealt with them in person, I can second the recommendation for Gifford Automotive. Great guys to work with!

EricBirk

Adventurer
Great piece of mind this little bugger!
The main reason I got it was for the voltage reading, and transmission temp. Both work flawlessly. The tranny temp had to be programmed in but it works great.
Currently using TPS, tranny temp, voltage, and coolant temp. TPS soon to change to mpg once I run a tank through it and get it setup.
Very happy for $160.00!

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Been playing around with the one I bought in the classifieds here, love it. Can't go wrong for the price!

-Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier