Craigslist Add, advice

BCHauler

Adventurer
That's a modified front end (150's of that vintage have a d44 ttb) and an aftermarket large gas tank. They are decent motors and are easy to work on. I would have loved a crewcab version before I stumbled apon my super duty. I'd take a look for sure. Those crewcab f150 are NOT common in that vintage.

I used to average 12mpg around town with a light foot and 31's.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
^^they have dual tanks, i think 15 gal and 19 gal, and the motors are easy to work on, they are set up like an old school small block with a distributer and basic intake but have the modern reliability of EFI,

i'd buy it, the crew cab 1/2 ton is pretty cool, its probably a centurion conversion, not a factory ford option, and looks super clean

i hear the 5.8's are dogs tho, but its a full size truck, its not supposed to be fast and don't expect great mpgs, my 5.0 averages 13.5

4x4dreamin

Observer
Well the truck I have now averages about 11mpg, but it is a 2wd so it is not very handy. I've been wanting to upgrade to a 4x4, I wasn't seriously looking, just kinda browsing around this and noticed that it was in my price range with relatively low miles

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I had a Centurion F350. Loved it. I have never seen or heard of a factory crew in that body style, so it might be a Centurion. That said, with the equipment it has, I would have a look for sure! If you only need a 1/2 ton, that would be a great one! The 5.8 is not really a 'dog', but just older technology. They put them in F350 crewcab 4x4s so it should move that 1/2 ton just fine.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
^^i'm not saying they are weak, just lots of power for torque not speed, but thats only what i heard, my 5.0 not exactly quick either

chasespeed

Explorer
The 5.8 is definitely NOT weak. Plenty of torque of a half ton truck.... I had a 5.0 in my Bronco.... did alright.... no complaints.... a few tweaks and peaks...made it a bit stronger....

Seriously, if this is as clean as it looks, and you can afford, snag it.... I would LOVE to get my hands on this..... you have no idea.... I would in a heartbeat if I could afford it....

Chase

Silverado

Adventurer
Cooling system maintainence and headgaskets are the only problematic parts of the EFI smallblock fords....otherwise it's gold :coffee:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
IIRC the 94-96 5.8 were roller motors. they are the most desirable..I think its also MAF.

I've seen many go over 200k with reg oil changes.

I had one in a 96 bronco. and looked at alot of them before I bought mine. many had great oil press wth 180-250k miles on them ...

My bronco ran very well with 33-10.50 tires and 2.5" lift. even with the stock gears

BCHauler

Adventurer
The 5.8 in my 94 had over 400,000 km when I spun a bearing climbing a big grade in the mountains with the cruise control on (Doh!). Replaced it with a low mileage motor from an auto wrecker and carried on. They don't have the power numbers of the newer engines but they're good for that era. In the 87-96 forum, the 5.8 is the most desirable v8. Honestly, I thought that engine was more reliable than the Chev 5.7 I had before it.

addicted56

Adventurer
Wow. I have that body style in my psd. I never knew they made that truck. I bet with coil suspension it rides like a cadilac. The 351 is a great motor and lots of aftermarket support and engine builders for it if you need more power but don't want to go diesel. I say go for it. One of a kind truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94