Thread: 3rd Gen 4 Runner Front Bumper Discount

If I was able to drive up from phoenix with my vehicle would that help with designing different attachment points for the bumper? I really like the design of your bumper but might have an issue getting a day off in-order to drive up or leaving my vehicle for multiple days. If you come up with any ideas let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Logic View Post
    Well if I could get my hands on a first gen Tundra

What is the break down for Tundras
    1st gen
    2nd gen and so on
    I wish I lived in socal! I would have my truck over to you in an instant. I love the look of your bumpers how they don't stick out very far, hang down too low, and the lines are clean.

Yeah 1st gen is 2000-2006, 2nd gen 2007-now

If you are serious about building a bumper for us left behind, I would recommend posting a "want" post on Tundrasolutions, or even here. If there are other Tundraholics like me out there, I'm sure you'll have a 1st gen in your shop really quick.

If no one replies, I might have to make a trip down there next month on my spring break....
    1983 Toyota 4WD Longbed 5 Speed

2003 Sequoia Limited 4wd

Life's a bore, I'm going pig hunting...

I may just do that shortly ! There has to be a Tundra owner looking for a front bumper
    Fabrication work in Riverside CA. Call us with your ideas and lets see what we can do!
    951-588-6232

Nice looking bumpers!

If you would have been around when i was in the market for a 2nd gen Tundra bumper- I woulda jumped. Exp1 got me though (and i love it). Making sliders for a crewmax would get my $$.

You think a 5th gen runner bumper is in your future project line? Im in the market for one. Plate, winch mount, clevis', light/deer hoops. Limited sliders too.
    '87 &'10 4runner
    '10 Tundra

The 5th gen is in the near future
    Fabrication work in Riverside CA. Call us with your ideas and lets see what we can do!
    951-588-6232

How's that aluminum coming?
    Mitch
    → 1999 4Runner, 4WD, 4 tires and a spare, a lift, and some armor.

My Build Thread

Roaming the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave - American Adventurist!

Playing with models to see if we can keep it light with out jumping in weight to maintain the same strength. The catch with Aluminum ( other then cost) is making sure we can run similar thickness with out losing strength. Trust me I want to make one as I will run one on my own 3rd gen ( as soon as I find it)
    951-588-6232

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Logic View Post
    Playing with models to see if we can keep it light with out jumping in weight to maintain the same strength. The catch with Aluminum ( other then cost) is making sure we can run similar thickness with out losing strength. Trust me I want to make one as I will run one on my own 3rd gen ( as soon as I find it)
    Question... Would an aluminum bumper of the same thickness of the steel be as strong as the stock bumper?

Picture if you will, a steel sub-structure that goes to the frame on each side, the shackle clevis's are attached to this sub-structure as well as the platform for the winch, and the aluminum acts as a cover for this structure, but with some extra sturdy side mountings to provide some side strength.

Am I making any sense?
    Mitch
    → 1999 4Runner, 4WD, 4 tires and a spare, a lift, and some armor.

My Build Thread

Roaming the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave - American Adventurist!

That would be kind of an interesting idea if I understand your description (4runamok). So you would have the structural integrity of the steal but have a bolt on finished structure that would be aluminum to save weight. Is that what you were describing? That would be pretty cool to see.

I see what you are pointing out... I like the idea ! HMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by 4RunAmok View Post
    Question... Would an aluminum bumper of the same thickness of the steel be as strong as the stock bumper?

Picture if you will, a steel sub-structure that goes to the frame on each side, the shackle clevis's are attached to this sub-structure as well as the platform for the winch, and the aluminum acts as a cover for this structure, but with some extra sturdy side mountings to provide some side strength.

Am I making any sense?
    951-588-6232

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast