94 SR, odd optioned

zukrider

Explorer
well i got it home. all the way from San Antonio, TX to Denver, CO. had a weird power steering leak from what looked like the pump shaft seal, but it only happened the once. otherwise, it was a smooth trip.

So my thoughts.
-really clean, inside and out. runs real good.
-i noticed in the last 800 miles that the trans seemed a little, "slippy" but nothing major. plan to do a trans service and see what changes. i didn't have any dummy light notices, and it it didnt stumble or studder at all.
-fuel mileage seemed consistent with a low of 15 and a high of 21.
-noticed some speed/frequency specific vibrations that i am currently calling the tires at fault.
-all in all, a very good truck

now in my research of buying an sr, i have heard that occasional 94's are missing a locker. heard of one having a 3.0.

well, mine has a 3.5. it has sr fender flares and wheels. but thats it. no sun roof, no locker, no adjustable shocks. super bummed! but, it doesnt have the heated leather, which is a plus in my book; it has cloth "ls" suspension seats! very nice! and though i wanted a sun roof for air flow, i was gonna put a rack over it anyway, and now i dont have to look forward to drain backup leaking on the headliner.

i think i like it, wel i know i do. im just not looking forward to having to mod it. oh well, such is life!

well i got it home. all the way from San Antonio, TX to Denver, CO. had a weird power steering leak from what looked like the pump shaft seal, but it only happened the once. otherwise, it was a smooth trip.

So my thoughts.
-really clean, inside and out. runs real good.
-i noticed in the last 800 miles that the trans seemed a little, "slippy" but nothing major. plan to do a trans service and see what changes. i didn't have any dummy light notices, and it it didnt stumble or studder at all.
-fuel mileage seemed consistent with a low of 15 and a high of 21.
-noticed some speed/frequency specific vibrations that i am currently calling the tires at fault.
-all in all, a very good truck

now in my research of buying an sr, i have heard that occasional 94's are missing a locker. heard of one having a 3.0.

well, mine has a 3.5. it has sr fender flares and wheels. but thats it. no sun roof, no locker, no adjustable shocks. super bummed! but, it doesnt have the heated leather, which is a plus in my book; it has cloth "ls" suspension seats! very nice! and though i wanted a sun roof for air flow, i was gonna put a rack over it anyway, and now i dont have to look forward to drain backup leaking on the headliner.

i think i like it, wel i know i do. im just not looking forward to having to mod it. oh well, such is life!

[IMG]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/josephfrank/DSCN1058.jpg
DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1059.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

DSCN1067.jpg

DSCN1068.jpg

Last edited:

zukrider

Explorer
i did notice that the side view mirrors flap. at 20 mph and above. 60-65 and you can just make out that there is a car. no detail. anyone else have this?

preacherman

Explorer
i did notice that the side view mirrors flap. at 20 mph and above. 60-65 and you can just make out that there is a car. no detail. anyone else have this?

IIRC mine did the same thing and there is a adjustment screw that can be tightened. It been a long time but I seem to remember being able to insert a Phillips screw driver into the bottom of the mirror to tighten the screw.

It's been a while so you may have to poke arnd to find it. Hope that helps!

Bulkhead

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you that solved one of the things on my to do list and it was very easy and free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94