Maps for Delorme PN-60w

nvprospector

Adventurer
Does anyone know if maps of the Middle East, Africa, are available for the Delorme PN-60w GPS? Thanks.

In one word, no. But if you have Delorme X-Map you can import Geotiff images, which are available from many different sources, and then use the map cutter in X-Map so you can load the images into the GPS.

A good website to get Raster and Vector data for Africa is Madmappers.

As for the Middle East, even though the war has brought a lot of maps into the open, the issue is that almost all I have been able to find are in vector format. If you do find a up to date raster image it is most likely a mosaic. If up to data is not a must you can buy Soviet Military Maps from EVC Online.

But none of the above information is helpful if you don't have X-Map. X-Map is a GIS application, so not only can you load raster images, you can also bring in vector data. Matter of fact you will need to load DEM's to get the elevation model for raster images or vector data.

Hope this helps.

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Thanks for the response. I doubt I'm smart enough to do anything with it but I'm grateful just the same. At least I have some idea now of what I need to learn.

fishbum

Observer
DeLorme just released a world basemap, I think its just 1:150K or something but it provides contours, water, major roads etc. You can get tiles through their Mappack subscription.

Stray_Trons

DeLorme military map pack

Does anyone know if maps of the Middle East, Africa, are available for the Delorme PN-60w GPS? Thanks.

There is a SOCOM map support package for the pn-60 special group users that covers some of the middle east and Africa. Contact DeLorme for details and ask about the military SD card map set.

Stray Trons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior