Anyone use the Snow Peak Li Baja Burner ?

roamingaz

Explorer
Looking for a stove to use in addition to my Jetboil and pretty much narrowed it down to the Jetboil Helios but the reviews are not too good. I found the Snow Peak Baja Burner and it looks nice and stable and I like that it uses the same fuel as my Jetboil.
So just looking for reviews on it before I spend the money to get one, cant find any reviews online.

Sawyer

Adventurer
I got one for Christmas this year. Unfortunately I have not had the oportunity to use it yet. But, I can tell you it is as nice in person as it looks online. It is built very well. Overland Gourmet had one set up at the Overland Ralley - Hollister Hills event and spoke very highly of it! That is what sold me on it. Seeing it in person AND how much they had to say about it.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I love it. Works great. Very stable with the built-in legs. Packs up smaller than expected.

Like much of the Snow Peak stuff, your grandchildren will be using it long after you're gone.

Mike_rupp

Adventurer
Would one of you guys be so kind to measure the distance of from back to front of the legs? I am considering getting one, but I need to see if my rear door table is deep enough for the stove to fit.

Also, it supposedly gives better performance in cold temps than stoves that aren't LI. Have either of you used it in sub freezing temps?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I have one and love it. Some here know how many stoves I've been through... this one's a keeper! :sombrero:

100_3260.jpg

I got this lightweight Snow Peak Giga Power Plate Burner Li at the Hollister Rally. Mmmm, stainless.
Now I only need one type of fuel canister since my trusty Jet Boil takes the same style, and these work better at higher altitudes and colder temps ;)
I may modify the table later by cutting it out to allow the stove to drop in like it does on the Iron Grill tables, we'll see how this works first.

http://www.snowpeak.com/stoves/camping/gigapower-baja-burner-gs-400.html

100_3264.jpg

One of the reasons I got this stove - the small footprint and low profile easily lends itself to use inside the FP in inclement weather.
Very nice :D

100_3266.jpg

Reactions: FMF

roamingaz

Explorer
Thanks for the pics Tacodoc, looks good.
I'm putting a order in to EE to get one tonight, hopefully the last stove I have to buy for a while.

Hafwit

Adventurer
Can this stove be adapted to use propane from a standard large propane tank? If so, that would make it much more useful to me.

Thanks,
Greg

roamingaz

Explorer
Can this stove be adapted to use propane from a standard large propane tank? If so, that would make it much more useful to me.

Thanks,
Greg

I don't think it can be converted as it uses the small butane/propane canisters. I love my stove other then it doesn't have a wind screen.

OverlandGourmet

The Baja has been an awesome stove and we use it quite frequently as we camp quite a bit. While it does have it's cons (no factory propane option, no windscreen, and not the best for heavy griddles or cast iron), however it has proven to be quite the workhorse. I am happy to have this as my daily use stove.

I enjoy the fact it can be used both free standing or integrated into the Iron Grill Table. I also like the build quality - no plastic parts to be found. Out of all the various stove options available on the market, this one should be added to the "must consider" list prior to making a purchase.

:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles