Birth of the wondering wagons

wagoneercraig

Observer
This the beginning of a long and never ending build of my Off RD. Tear drop trailer . I'm going to add some pics of my Wagoneer to . i had purchased a newish camper about a year ago and within that time it had completely rotten away . So a total tear down was in order and start over . Many a mods are in the works . A few are, under sleeper storage, Fully sealed fiberglass walls . 30" tires, roof top tent for the kids . Elect and water .

Last edited:

wagoneercraig

Observer
The good and then the bad

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 170
  • pics 056.jpg
    pics 056.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 215

wagoneercraig

Observer
New floor and side walls . Interior is stained ebony . And the exterior is coated in fiberglass resin .

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 52

wagoneercraig

Observer
Water was some how seeping in past all the metal trimming along the bottom edge rotting about 3" all along the bottom . Plus there was some exposed plywood behind the wheels . I had only camped in it a couple of times .And was very much disappointed in how quickly it had happened for a 2 year old camper . Mushrooms growing on the walls:Wow1:
Now even though i had a terrible experience with this company . I not going to mention the manufacturer because they are a very reputable builder and have a lot of happy customers . So I'm just going to build my dream trailer and enjoy life :REOutCampFire03:.

MrBeast

Explorer
Cool build man, I am loving the fact you are running a Waggy.

Allthough the waggy would be signifigantly cooler if it said "Willys Overland" on the front. ;)

jdholder

Explorer
Water was some how seeping in past all the metal trimming along the bottom edge rotting about 3" all along the bottom . Plus there was some exposed plywood behind the wheels . I had only camped in it a couple of times .And was very much disappointed in how quickly it had happened for a 2 year old camper . Mushrooms growing on the walls:Wow1:
Now even though i had a terrible experience with this company . I not going to mention the manufacturer because they are a very reputable builder and have a lot of happy customers . So I'm just going to build my dream trailer and enjoy life :REOutCampFire03:.

I think you should tell us the manufacturer. It's probably an isolated incident, but there are many of us here going the teardrop route and we, as a community, would benefit from the facts.

Just my$.02.

wagoneercraig

Observer
Thanks on my Wagoneer . I absolutlly love the thing . And it is also in the process of being built to. Just being put on hold until the camper is complete .
Today all i did was apply 2 coats of poly to the stained area . And primed all the ceiling cross framing . If i have time this week I'll start assembling the basic framing of it

Last edited:

wagoneercraig

Observer
^^^^you guys are awesome . I thank you !! So far i have put a 3"rough country lift in the front . Soon to have BJ's off road 1" shackles . Rear has an add a leaf and a 3.5 lift block . Hand made front winch bumper with winch . Lots and lots of electrical and vacuume hose repairs . All new ignition system.CB.
Now the to do list . Its huge ! :)Na just the basics . Roof rack and basket ,brush wires, improvements on the interior, short snorkel kit. 33"tires 4:55 gears, lockers ,rocker panel sliders, matching paint with the camper . Tail gate tire carrier .

Attachments

• IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

wagoneercraig

Observer
whats the plans for the waggy?

Just check out your build . very cool . I like it . Oh and ditto on the girlfriend working in the garage . Mine is getting upset with me because she hasn't had time. And afraid i'll get to far along without her. :camping:

wagoneercraig

Observer
Today's progress . Installed the walls and some of the framing . Next up is finish framing the rear hatch, elect wire and the interior ceiling skin.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior