pain matched arb bumper.

idaxj97

Adventurer
Ok so here in a few months im planning on getting a ARB bumper for my jeep, I want to get it painted to match my jeep. So what is the best way to do so?

chasespeed

Explorer
Best way to do so, is get your paint code, and give it, and the bumper to a body shop.... for just a paint match... Maaco would probably suffice.....

Best thing, find someone who can match the paint code, in powder coat....

Chase

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
best thing...leave it black its going to get scratched up anyways. otherwise powder coat

Good advice. If its protection that's prone to getting scratched up - black. Has saved me a ton of time and lets me keep up with the anti-rust campaign. Color matching is great if you don't take it off-road but when you do and start scratching it up you'll be kicking yourself on why you wasted the money.

corax

Explorer
I'd skip the powder coat as the paint itself is too "hard" - if you get a chip and rust starts, it'll spread and cause the surrounding area to flake off. My favorite paint is Rustoleum Oil Based paint

SouthernMatt

In Aus, the traditional method is getting the ARB factory to paint the bar for you over their powder-coat.

Since thats not an option here, any good paint shop will be able to color code match. The powder-coat is designed to be painted over. Any scratches or chips will have to get through 3 layers before rusting is an issue. A painted bar can be touched up incredibly easily, much easier than powder-coat.

idaxj97

Adventurer
thanks everyone i guess ill have to go check with some body shops to see how much it will cost, if it costs too much then i will leave it black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior