H3T snow run

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well it snowed here in prescott this last weekend and I decided to do a little snow test up thumb butte. It was a fun drive met some nice people and helped push a lifted diesel out of the snow. Anyway enjoy the pictures!
7f0f3268.jpg

50e75432.jpg

d8c194b7.jpg

A nice family I met at the lookout. My dog had a great time playing in the snow and with their Husky
862d370b.jpg

c740f9e8.jpg

e4ac488c.jpg

63ee6356.jpg

b908bfba.jpg

ff8ab9a7.jpg

ad63be25.jpg

68502174.jpg

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
i miss playing in the snow...

looks like you had a great time! i enjoyed the pics, thanks for posting them

Humvette

Adventurer
I love it! H3T all the way! Show those Toyota's was up :victory:

What have you done to the rig?
How is it equipt?
What future plans do you have for it?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the pictures
I love it! H3T all the way! Show those Toyota's was up :victory:

What have you done to the rig?
How is it equipt?
What future plans do you have for it?

As the truck stands today:
Torsion Keys
Bilstein Shocks
Larger Bumpstops
35" BFG TA/KOs
Undercarriage Protection
Defender Roof Rack with HI-Lift extreme
CB Radio
ARB safari bumper
Warn 9000 lb winch
Recovery strap and tree strap for winch
2 Jerry cans/ Water cans
Hella Lights(Getting better ones soon)
SmittyBuilt Seat covers holding med kits/Flares/Tools/Winch Control/D-rings etc. (Soon adding Snatch block for winch/ anchor)
Front and Rear locking differentials

By this summer:
Intake and tune to increase power
ARB safari snorkel
MaxTrax
GPS unit
(Possibly defender roof rack light cage)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Tx, those are some great pics. What elevation are you at? Looks like there is lots of snow and just a wee bit cold...:cool:

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Its somewhere around 7000 feet depending on the area your in. It was pretty cold but a good time for sure

TKSC01

Adventurer
Amazing!

The last time I saw snow in AZ was 2005 it snowed in Apache Junction so I grabbed the family threw them in the diesel Excursion and headed for the Apache Trail. Unfortunately the trail was closed just past Tortilla Flats but the scenery was still amazing!!!!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
The last time I saw snow in AZ was 2005 it snowed in Apache Junction so I grabbed the family threw them in the diesel Excursion and headed for the Apache Trail. Unfortunately the trail was closed just past Tortilla Flats but the scenery was still amazing!!!!
Ya prescott usually gets a decent amount of snow at least once a year because of the elevation. Its awesome to be able to see the mountains and scenery covered in snow once in a while.
i really like the look of the arb front bumper on that. looks real good.
Thanks! Ya I looked for a while before purchasing this bumper. It seems to be the most protective winch bumper(and one of the best looking) on the market today. The airbag compatibility was a huge seller for me as well as testimonials from people who had hit deer and elk.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Great looking truck. It looks like it did well in the snow with the 35's?:smiley_drive:
Its nice to see more hummers on the board. What engine do you have?
I made the same bumper selection as well for my H3 only I put in a smitybuilt 12,000lb winch. A little big but I dont need the snatch block.
Looks like a great day out, very nice pics.

Regards,

Jim

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Hey thanks! I only have the inline 5 but evetually im hoping they will come out with a diesel conversion for it. It would be pricy but well worth it in my opinion. I actually looked at Smittybuilt but the 4WheelParts store couldnt get the darn thing to fit... too bad. You have any pictures of your h3?

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
I will try posting a few pics but my internet connection is fairly slow.
To fit in the bigger winch it took some 1/2" spacers to set it back from the front of the bumper for more width and a clearance notch for the free spool lever. A diesel conversion does sound like a great idea but I wonder if the IFS front end is up to the weight. Bullydog did a diesel conversion with a solid front axle a few years ago. An internet search will turn up some photos.
Also the Moab H3 is an inspirational truck It has a rancho 4 inch lift up front with a spring over axle mod in the rear. They used 35 inch tires and added a gobi roof rack. I will loose the chrome rims on mine and down size my tires to 35's at some point. the 37's are a little big for the 3.5 engine. It does pretty well however with the 5 speed manual tranny.

Regards,:smiley_drive:

Jim

Attachments

• DSCN0007.JPG
    DSCN0007.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0062.JPG
    DSCN0062.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0035.JPG
    DSCN0035.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 6

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Moab H3

Here is pic of the Moab H3. Its an alpha with a v8 but I think a solid front axel mod and a 5cyl Mercedes diesel would make a great expedition truck.

Regards,

Jim

Attachments

• Hummer-H3-Moab-concept-front-view.jpg
    Hummer-H3-Moab-concept-front-view.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 11
  • semahummers09---14.jpg
    semahummers09---14.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members