LED off road lights

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Do you know how much amps the 4” Truck Lite flood lights use? So I can compare them to the Hella’s.
1.2 amps.

Dang sun comes up too early now and spoiled my shot.

But here they all are, all on:

HighsSpotsFogs.jpg

The light is nothing short of biblical.

Once aimed, the spots give you great distance and also plenty of fill. The floods spill a bunch of light in the foreground for slow-speed stuff.

I'm impressed and very very happy with them. It was a windy and wet weekend so I didn't get to set up the range to get numbers; will try on Saturday.

This is just stinkloads of light.

BlindedByTheLight.jpg

AFSOC

Explorer
Geez Bill, it looks like you have a sliver of the Sun mounted on your bumper. I found myself squinting just looking at the photo. Impressive.

If you're ready to sell your 4" HIDs, PM or respond with an asking price.

alexrex20

Explorer
ok, so how do you buy the Truck-Lite 7in spot lamps? they don't list prices on their website, and a crude search came up with a $475/ea price...

greg mgm

Explorer
Hilldweller- Do you have a shot of just the 4" floods?
Can you comment on their light output? Those last 2 pics are amazing!
I have 2 VW's that would love 1.2 amp draw led lights!

On another note.....Right now I have 2 cheap $20 tractor flood lights on my baja roof rack. They are pathetic. Definitely not as "flood like" as I want.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
This is just stinkloads of light.

The stinkload (symbol: SL) is a Hilldweller experience-derived unit of luminosity, a relative measure of how impressive new LED lights are without resorting to measuring the lumens, putting out distance markers, etc.

The lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux, a measure of the power of light perceived by the human eye

:ylsmoke:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
:sombrero:

The floods produce 400 lumen each and the spots are 1500. From my experience, there's no "wasted" light ---- the reflectors and lenses do their jobs.
I was originally thinking of mounting the floods on the back of the Jeep for reverse duty, etc and keep the HIDs on the front. The the light from them was so nice, (yes, I said nice) that I mounted them on the front.

I'll take better pictures and some lumen readings on Saturday with Chris and whoever else shows up. I'm hoping to have a Delta reflector and bulbs to test by then and will throw that in Charles' TJ if he wants.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these floodlights for trail, SAR, or camp duty. They're very close to a foglight in application but give more of a general lighting wash of light that helps offroad.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
I'm curious to see the spots solo myself, and how tight the beam is. I'm guessing (hoping) tight enough to go on the roof without too much glare since LEDs billed as "spot" are generally pretty sharp...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
ok, so how do you buy the Truck-Lite 7in spot lamps? they don't list prices on their website, and a crude search came up with a $475/ea price...
4WheelParts sells all the TruckLite products; NAPA does as well.
It might take a bit of Google-foo and the right part number from TruckLite's website to get you the right part and price.
My experience has always been that 4WheelParts runs really good sales from time to time...

I see that 4WD Hardware has the headlights for $273 each right now. The 4" floods are $167, the 7" spot is $325 (with bracket), etc.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Just the JW Speaker Lowbeam:
JWSLow.jpg

Just the highbeam:
JWSHigh.jpg

Just the Trucklite spot:
TLSpot.jpg

Just the Trucklite flood:
TLFlood.jpg

Floods, Spots, & Lowbeam:
JWSLowSpotFlood.jpg

Floods, spots, & Highbeam:
JWSHighSpotFlood.jpg

With Highbeams and spots, I measured 9 LUX at 125 yards; very easy to read by.
Max LUX on lowbeam plus spots at 25 feet pegged the meter and it showed all dashes.
They hurt your eyes. :drool:

sapper

Adventurer
Glad to see someone as obsessed with lights and thier performance as me. I am also glad you have been busy testing a variety that I had not been able to test yet. I am curious if anyone has used the Trucklite "Trilliant"'s yet. I see a lot of vehicles here in Afghanistan using them and they have seem very bright and also have a nice cool color too them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles