Any TJ/LJ owners have the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure?

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Stumbled upon this on the web and I really like the looks of it. Anyone have any experiences?

attachment.php

Hawkz

Adventurer
I have one and I really like it. I found some rubbermaid tubs that fit inside and it has worked great so far. I do not have any pictures of mine installed, but it looks like the pic above.

It is heavy, heavier than the seat and seat belts you remove. This doesn't bother me, but it's something to consider. Including the tubs I have, I added quite a bit of weight to the back half of my Jeep...

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Thank you for ther reply. Do you have a TJ or LJ? But Im not all that concerned about weight since she is being built to be a pig with the amount of armor that is getting slapped on it. I had a Bestop Extendatrunk in my TJ but I was unable to get it to work in my LJ.

Hawkz

Adventurer
I have a 2003 TJ. Also, there is a small space on the floor behind the seat, in front of the enclosure. I keep a 6pac cooler on one side, not sure what I'm going to put on the other side yet. You have to make use of all the small nooks for storage in a Jeep. :sombrero:

RedRocker

Adventurer
Anybody got any pics of this in an LJ? I'd really like to see what it looks like
behind the front seats.

RedRocker

Adventurer
Well, today would be a good time to get that done, I need to see it before I leave for Moab in a couple of days so I can pick one up there at a discount.
It's all about me, so stop what you're doing and spend the day doing what I need. :sombrero:

richmondbob

Adventurer
Question for anyone running an an Engel or ARB fridge - does the fridge fit and clear the hardtop and liftgate, and if you`ve got the TemboTusk fridge lift, does that clear too when using the Tuffy Deck Enclosure

(sorry, no question marks as my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 has decided to rebel and make all the `shift`key commands all mixed up or missing)

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Just a little update. I pulled all the carpet and lined the Jeep. Shortly after I went to install the deck enclosure and ran into several issues. None of the holes line up! After several calls to tuffy I was told that my issue was that there was no longer any carpet and because of this I need to custom make some spacers so it will sit at the right height plus the fact that I have an LJ I need to drill a few holes in the bracket to line up. Im not all that happy with this since they advertise it as a simple bolt in product so I just wanted to give people the heads up .

Hawkz

Adventurer
That is odd. Mine bolted right in, but it is a TJ, not LJ...

I wouldn't think removing the carpet is enough to mess you up. Especially if you replaced it with a spray on or roll on bed liner...

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
I agree that it doesnt make much sense and in my opinion it is really just Tuffy trying to come up with excuses to why it doesnt bolt right in as advertised in my LJ. They even went on to say that they had issues in the past with it bolting up in certain year Sahara models and said that the bolt batterns for some reason had changed in those Sahara packages. This was shortly after I mentioned that I own obe of the limited 1000 Rubicon Sahara Unlimiteds so they tried to say that may be my issue. Considering Jeep uses pretty much the same dam jeep and tosses on small bolt on appearance things for their diferent packages, I find it hard to believe that they also changed bolt patterns on the tubs.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Any pictures of it installed in the LJ? Still looking as an option for me but would like to see how much room it takes up before I spend the coin on it.

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Sorry its still sitting in my shed waiting for me to figure out a way to fab up spacers to get it to work.

If you re concerned about space I would maybe look at the Tuffy security drawer. The security deck enclosure requires you to still pull out your rear seat even in LJs. However the drawer looks like it is a better fit plus you can still retain your rear seat. I am actually pondering trying to sell the deck enclosure locally to get some of my $ back to put towards the security drawer for my LJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke