4L85E or Gear Vendors???

ExpoMike

Well, got back from GV and impressed with what they had to say. I told them of my concerns and issues I have read about and they went over how things work, what "could" break and how it would never be likely to leave me stranded since I do have 4WD and could use FWD if I absolutely needed to.

For my app, it would almost be impossible to break it unless I am being really stupid. A little common sense goes a long way. I think this is going to be the route I will take. Now just need to come up with the funds.

Dave Kay

Adventurer
Well, got back from GV and impressed with what they had to say. I told them of my concerns and issues I have read about and they went over how things work, what "could" break and how it would never be likely to leave me stranded since I do have 4WD and could use FWD if I absolutely needed to.

For my app, it would almost be impossible to break it unless I am being really stupid. A little common sense goes a long way. I think this is going to be the route I will take. Now just need to come up with the funds.

For the CUCV trucks, the GV is my ideal solution as well. Picked up a used one a while back and it's the older J-type that is (supposedly) no longer supported by GV. Not sure how I will proceed at this point. So that may be something to watch out for when you do go shopping, if used, look for the P-type. I've seen several J-types going for less than $1K on eBay but like mine, you won't really know what you've got until it's installed.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94