craigslist: Jungle/Expedition Equipped F250-$12000 Austin, TX

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Not mine, not affiliated...is this an Expo member? Haven't seen it in here so forgive me if it's a repost. :sombrero:
Expedition 2004 F-250
Just returned from a one year expedition to the mountains and jungles of Central America and now want to sell a PERFECT Ford F250 Super Duty XL which is fully expedition equipped. You won't find another vehicle so perfectly ready to go anywhere in comfort and security. $1,000's spent in additional equipment from the top vendors.

I WILL SELL THE ARB TENT & AWNING SEPARATELY!

2004 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY XL / LONG BED / EXTENDED CAB / 5.4L V8 (gas)

THE BASICS
EXTENDED CAB / LONG BED / ALUMINUM TOPPER / TOW PACKAGE / FULLY SERVICED (RECEIPTS) / REBUILT STEERING & SUSPENSION (RECEIPTS) / IPOD READY KENWOOD STEREO / CUSTOM ROOF RACK / PIA HIGH INTENSITY HEADLIGHTS / PIA HIGH INTENSITY SPOT LIGHTS / AIR-CON / CRUISE CONTROL / 12V + HEAVY DUTY 12V ACCESSORY PLUGS /

THE EXTRAS
FOUR ALMOST NEW OFF-ROAD TIRES / TWO BRAND NEW SPARES (THAT'S $1,200 ON TIRES ALONE) / OPTIMA GEL BATTERY / SECONDARY GEL BATTERY / ARB BULL BAR (COST $1,500)/ HIGH LIFT JACK / TOW PACKAGE / WINDOW GUARDS / SECURITY POINTS / FULLY TINTED WINDOWS / 4 X 5 GL JERRY CANS / HAYNES SERVICE MANUAL (NEW IN WRAPPER) / SPARE FUEL FILTERS / SPARE OIL FILTERS / SHOVEL / STEEL SECURITY BOX IN REAR / SLEEPING OR STORAGE PLATFORM IN REAR / FORD LOCKING WHEEL NUTS / 2 X 5 GL WATER CANS / WOOD SAW / 12V ANGLE GRINDER WITH CHARGER / SLEDGE HAMMER /

THE TENT
THE TENT IS LESS THAN ONE YEAR OLD. IT IS THE ARB TOURING TENT, COMPLETE WITH AWNING AND SKIRT, ENABLING SECURE CAMPING ABOVE THE TRUCK AND IT MAY BE FULLY DEPLOYED IN JUST FIVE MINUTES. IN ADDITION TO THAT, THERE IS THE ARB AWNING WHICH CREATES A MOSQUITO-PROOF ROOM OF 8X8' ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE OF THE TRUCK. THIS PACKAGE ALONE COST $2,500. IT IS IN 100% PERFECT CONDITION.

OPTIONAL
ARB 12V/100V EXPEDITION REFRIGERATOR. $800 NEW ... MAKES ICE AND USES ALMOST NO ELECTRICITY. REMARKABLE.

THE TRUCK IS IS OUTSTANDING CONDITION.

AT THE ASKING PRICE YOU SAVE $6,000. I HAVE ALL OF THE RECEIPTS FOR THE SERVICING AND EQUIPMENT.

CURRENTLY FULLY INSURED AND REGISTERED IN COLORADO. NOW LIVING IN AUSTIN TEXAS.

WILL PART EXCHANGE FOR SMALL CAR.

CALL 512-769-2709
EMAIL HLMJ01@ GMAIL.COM

PRIVATE SALE

HOPE YOU'LL CALL.

JACK

Attachments

• 3k73pb3l25Q45W55X4b329e31f153d6151ad2[1].jpg
    3k73pb3l25Q45W55X4b329e31f153d6151ad2[1].jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 3n23mf3l05O35Z05S0b32ef0dc848ba121f5e[1].jpg
    3n23mf3l05O35Z05S0b32ef0dc848ba121f5e[1].jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 591
  • 3n43md3o75Z25U65S0b3296f14b226d691f20[1].jpg
    3n43md3o75Z25U65S0b3296f14b226d691f20[1].jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 335
  • 3nd3me3p55T25W15U4b32db40576456da133e[1].jpg
    3nd3me3p55T25W15U4b32db40576456da133e[1].jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 388

Shiryas

Adventurer
Like the ideas

Not in the market but I like the ideas. Sent Jack an email to see if he would post up here.

Chris

Humperdinck

Some of us just talk ... others DO

We had two attempted break-ins, and one attempted assault. Because the doors all have additional padlock points, theres no entry into the cab except through the windshield. The rest of the truck is all double padlocked too. The bars stopped an assault at traffic lights in one city. A guy reached in the truck and tried to grab my partner. The window didn't break his arm against the bars, but it sure hurt him like hell.

In the rear, through-bolted to the floor of the truck (and out of sight) is a heavy duty steel chest. This was our security for cameras and laptop computers. With a Canon D-50 and a range of L series lenses, + Apple MacBook Pros, and iPods, we didn't regret this installation for one moment.

The police, army, and locals were very impressed. The truck had 'respect'. In the jungles - and, yes, we were WAY off-road, we had all manner of stuff hitting the windows. The bars helped there too. Ever been whacked on the face by a branch while driving? These stopped that.

The engine and suspension are 'like new'. After an incredible journey it doesn't leak a single drop of fluids. The brakes are at 85-90%. We maintained it as we travelled.

Insurance: you create you own!

Please feel free to ask any questions - I'd be glad to share my experiences.

Email directly too, if you wish!

Humperdinck 'Jack' Jackman

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper

"You won't find another vehicle so perfectly ready to go anywhere in comfort and security."

Lol, what a crock.
Sounds like he did just that :smiley_drive:...while doing what many people here only daydream about.

Well Humperdinck, ignore the comments and let me be the first to welcome you to Expo Portal! Usually people are very friendly here...stick around and I'm sure you'll feel at home among folks that have similar interests :sombrero: Nice truck by the way!

I'd love to hear any tips you'd like to share from your time in Central & South America. We're planning for something similar, just saving pennies for now. Feel free to PM me, see ya around town!

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Welcome here Humperdinck - I removed the totally inappropriate comments.

A Ford truck is indeed an excellent vehicle choice for CA and SA.

and yes please share some more information about your truck and adventure!

Last edited:

Shiryas

Adventurer
Humperdinck,

Not quite the welcome I would have expected for you on ExPo either. Hope it will not discourage you from posting up about your trip and vehicle.

Welcome to the board, and I am interested in what you did to the vehicle, why, and how the mods turned out for you.

Chris

D

Deleted member 9101

Awesome truck..and please ignore the haters... some guys are just d!cks.

93BLAZER

Explorer
Welcome

Welcome...
Got to love some of the folks here...

Like the truck. I'm looking for a 4 door. Anyways, are you thinking of posting a few pics up In the trip section? Include some more information on the troubles you encountred. Specifically, the fool that came In your window? Was It in San Jose?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Welcome!

Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a truck. But, like others here, I am in the market for adventure stories and grown-up equipment discussions.

YukonRob

Adventurer
Hi Jack, and welcome.
Like the others, I hope you'll post a trip report and pictures. Love the truck btw and expect it will be a quick sale.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Jack, did you end up selling the truck? I saw it on South Lamar today (heading North)...looked like it had a bunch of construction gear strapped to the top.

Still waiting to hear more about your travels :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94