72 C/30 - 4x4 Cummins Conversion

MrBeast

Explorer
What NV are you goin to use?? Chevy, Early Chevy, Dodge, Dodge Diesel?

There is also an Iron tailhousing available too, but if you can build it for cheap and get school credit for it go for it, I'm all about cheap.

I have 4 NV's I have 2 1995's 1 1996, 1 1999 model.

I am really looking forward to the experince of making the adapter, I like a challenge, and it is something not everyone can say that they can do.

Humvette

Adventurer
Props man mad props :drool:

I would love a project like that. I love me some ol Chevy!!! :victory:

I will be putting a 12v in my H1 eventually. Then it will be all american! It already has some ford and chevy parts. :smiley_drive:

MrBeast

Explorer
Are they chevy or dodge if they are dodge are they diesel trannys? What adapter and bell are you going to use??

They are all Chevy transmissions, all you have to do is swap in a dodge imput shaft as long as you have the 95 up transmission, and you have to use the dodge retainer/throwout bearing hub.

I am going to use a stock dodge bellhousing, it all bolts right up.

MrBeast

Explorer
Props man mad props :drool:

I would love a project like that. I love me some ol Chevy!!! :victory:

I will be putting a 12v in my H1 eventually. Then it will be all american! It already has some ford and chevy parts. :smiley_drive:

That will be very very cool, I will be looking forward to seeing it.

I have seen a couple of H1's with the 12 or 24 valve in them, they were nothing short of impressive, if I was going to put one togeather that is what id do, there is no point in messing around with that 6.5 turbo diesel garbage.

MrBeast

Explorer
Just a mini update, went out to the place I have my truck stored and drug the frame back to the shop, in a couple of days me and a buddy are going to go get the cab and front clip.

FrameBackAtShop.jpg

Should start seeing some progress now!

MrBeast

Explorer
Well the good news is...

FrameMeasure.jpg

I went out and started measuring the frame, and it is not tweaked like I thought it was.

dudentruck.jpg

You can see in this picture here how the bed was not square to the cab, I though the frame had been tweaked, luckily it had not! So I am very happy about this.

Instead of building a brand new frame, I am going to box this one, Fill all of the unessacary holes, and build all new cross members which will be one heck of a lot easier than trying to build a new frame from scratch.

I am going to go do a little cleanup on the shop, and then I am going to bring the frame inside, tear it down and get solid plans togeather to get the 4x4 conversion done, and then when I get the steel next week I will start boxing it in.

MrBeast

Explorer
More playing with Autocad, I got my front cross member designed, need it for the 2wd to 4x4 conversion.

frontxmembercad.jpg

Going to run 73-87 Leafs. With how I have it setup right now it will provide about 2 1/2" of lift over where a stock 4x4 1 ton would be.

From where the truck was setup, it will be going up about 10"!!!!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
You are obviously quite talented with the autocad MrB! I think your build has a lot of potential. Also, good to hear that your frame is ok. Keep those great pics coming. I love it!:suning:

MrBeast

Explorer
More cad.

kirkbed1.jpg

This is a bed I am building for my friends truck he uses to tow his 5th wheel, has a lot of storage built in the two big side boxes, we are going to put 2 12v compressors and a 100' hose reel and a pair of 5 gallon air tanks on it.

It will be nice for him being able to use air tools when changing tires that his big 5th wheel seems to consume.

MrBeast

Explorer
Got most of the CAD on my bed done.

flatbed4.jpg

Fuel tank on the bed holds 66 gallons. @ 17mpg that will get me over 1000 miles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior