I've left the Toyota Fold, AKA my Montero Build Thread

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear youve given up on it. Post it on 4x4wire's for sale forum and put a link in the mitsu tech forum.

so what are you going to get next?

red87

Adventurer
I'll post it up there once I wash it. Its filthy now and looks terrible, haha. Sucks that the motor went; it was a great vehicle otherwise.

I'm looking at 4Runners (96+) and Frontiers/Xterras. I almost want to get a car to stop getting terrible mileage but I know I'll regret that real quick.

red87

Adventurer
The Montero is officially for sale now. There's a thread in the For Sale section here. Asking $1500 OBO.

Sorry to hear you've decided to sell! Bummer! I'm not interested in buying the truck, but did yours have the middle skid plate section protecting the diff? Interested in parting with that? I could certainly use it!

Last edited:

red87

Adventurer
Sorry to hear you've decided to sell! Bummer! I'm not interested in buying the truck, but did yours have the middle skid plate section protecting the diff? Interested in parting with that? I could certainly use it!

Mine does it, but I'd like to keep the truck together and sell it as a whole.

alia176

Explorer
The Montero is officially for sale now. There's a thread in the For Sale section here. Asking $1500 OBO.

Sorry to hear about the short ownership of the Mitsu. Now that you've had both an 80 and a Montero, I'd like to hear your comparo between the two as well as Pros/Cons. I for one like the Montero due to what seems like a lot more room. How is the power and the fuel econ on the Montero?

red87

Adventurer
I've yet to own an 80-series; the mileage scares me away :)

The power was great in the montero. Granted it was no muscle car but 215 hp/235(?) tq is pretty solid for a 4x4. I just picked up a 4Runner that I'm really liking but I do miss that extra 32 hp (and deeper axle gears) on the montero. Mileage wasn't awesome on the Monty. I'd get 13-15 city and 16-17 freeway on premium. The tank is 24 gallons though so the range is still decent.

alia176

Explorer
shame you can't fix the engine on the Monty. It looks like a nice specimen! I just picked up a Monty gas tank to be used as an aux tank in one of my 80s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles