I've left the Toyota Fold, AKA my Montero Build Thread

red87

Adventurer
Laters swaybar, its been fun...

On a related note, I now have two endlinks and two swaybar brackets if anyone needs them. Cost of shipping and they're yours.

DSCF1023.JPG

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice work. Hope you can join us on the next trip down south. There's usually 3-7 built montero's on those trips.

As for the sway bars, just did that to mine the other weekend as well.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
We do everything from easy trails (Mojave Trail, death valley, etc.) to difficult rock crawling runs (Big Bear, Anza Borego, etc.).

I'm currently working on upgrades but once I'm ready, I'll start planning another trip.

red87

Adventurer
We do everything from easy trails (Mojave Trail, death valley, etc.) to difficult rock crawling runs (Big Bear, Anza Borego, etc.).

I'm currently working on upgrades but once I'm ready, I'll start planning another trip.

Very nice, keep me posted.

red87

Adventurer
Work is finally picking up so hopefully the updates here will too. Today's big news is that I got my windows tinted! All that glass was killing me in the Bakersfield heat; the AC couldn't keep up on the 105+ degree days. And, as an added bonus, it looks pretty sweet :cool: Auto Tint West did it for me and they were great. They stayed 30 mins past closing just to get my truck done. They also used some black out tape on the edge of the rear sliding windows to hide the part that can't be tinted.

tint.JPG

red87

Adventurer
I know its been a looooong time since my last update but I was pretty busy last summer and didn't really do a whole lot to my truck. However, I just picked up my best mod yet and I'm pretty excited.

I got a new co-pilot!

DSCF1052.JPG

Took him up to the Giant Forest in Sequoia Nat'l Park last Sunday for a snow test and he passed with flying colors.

DSCF1042.JPG

It was around 30 degrees most of the time we were up there and it was snowing the entire time.

DSCF1045.JPG

DSCF1048.JPG

DSCF1047.JPG

I did learn that dogs aren't allowed out of the car in the park though, so our day was cut short. Apparently the Nat'l Forest is much cooler with dogs so I'll just have to go up there next time.

scrubber3

Not really here
Nice to see a worthwhile thread coming back to life! I'd love to get some snow soon. I love the fluffy stuff.

mike5

Adventurer
Beautiful pictures. I'm anxiously awaiting snow in the local mountains so I can take my Montero there and drive in it!

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
...Pretty much everything works, except for the compass (it gets confused) and the little diagram that shows when I'm in 4wd, AWD, and/or diff locked never has my rear wheels lit up. Is that normal?

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to ask if this had been addressed already. I didn't see it in the thread, but I may have just missed it.

If this is still an issue, it is probably just a few bulbs burned out behind the gauge cluster.

This happened on my '01 and I got the parts from my favorite Mitsu dealer for a few $ each.

Truck looks good; I think it was a wise choice on the 10.5" width tires versus the 12"

red87

Adventurer
I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to ask if this had been addressed already. I didn't see it in the thread, but I may have just missed it.

If this is still an issue, it is probably just a few bulbs burned out behind the gauge cluster.

This happened on my '01 and I got the parts from my favorite Mitsu dealer for a few $ each.

Truck looks good; I think it was a wise choice on the 10.5" width tires versus the 12"

I ended up finding the owners manual and a whole bunch of receipts in the nifty little storage bin below the passenger seat so that told me how to re-calibrate the compass and I did end up replacing some bulbs in the cluster. Of course, one already burned out again so according to my gauges, I have one wheel drive :) I do need to order the bulbs for the compass though so thanks for the link.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I ended up finding the owners manual and a whole bunch of receipts in the nifty little storage bin below the passenger seat so that told me how to re-calibrate the compass and I did end up replacing some bulbs in the cluster. Of course, one already burned out again so according to my gauges, I have one wheel drive :) I do need to order the bulbs for the compass though so thanks for the link.

No problem; glad I could help. Ask for Keith Sexton, the Mitsu parts manager. He's not only very helpful, but very knowledgeable. Their prices are great too.

red87

Adventurer
Ordered new bulbs for the compass/thermometer just now. $9 shipping for $3 worth of bulbs :eek: At least I'll be able to see it at night for the first time. Now to figure what I bent in the front to make it pull so badly...

m3at333hp

Adventurer
I picked up a Montero is July that I have slowly been working on. Let me know when you guys do a trip out here. This is my first post on this site. So far, I have lifted my 98 with OME suspension, purchased a Garvin roof rack and ordering mud terrains soon. I just haven't decided if I want 32's or 33's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles