2wd Expidetion Vehicle

angusdevil

Adventurer
That's a great combo. For a suspension lift, Fabtech makes the strongest one for your year. For a spindle lift, go with CST. As for bodylifts, the only options are PA and Zone and from what I've heard, they're both quality but the Zone has slightly better instructions and bumper mounts.

Start with the tires, then body lift and you'll be ready to rock!

Again, good advice from everyone on the 2500 coils, especially the diesel sets that give you 2" of lift. Dodge made them stiff to handle the Cummins beast. I put 2" Daystar spacers on my 1/2-ton 4x4. I didn't measure stock height...I wish I had to see if I gained a true 2". When I installed the ARB Sahara bumper with 15k Warn winch (steel rope) it dropped an even 3/4" at both fenders...pushing close to an additional 250#. Actually, it looks a bit better since it seemed to squat a bit after the "lift".

If you're looking to run larger tires the problems of rubbing the fenders is nil, at least on the Gen 2s. But control arm rub is a definite, so I was forced to find wheels with less backspacing...not what I really wanted to do...YMMV.

If you can afford them, the advice about the Deavers is right on. And choose a top tier shock. I actually liked the Monroe Magnums I had on before the lift but let the installers talk me into Rancho 9000xl, the adjustables. Way too harsh even at softer settings with increased body roll. I'll be looking at Bilsteins soon, many good reports about those units.

Gotta love the Rams...glad you're here. :sombrero:

wely

Observer
Thanks for the info I will begin looking for a 2" spacer. All I have seen are 1.5" spacers. I guess there were changes in the 2006-2008 suspension. If anyone knows where to look for the spacers let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz