Solar panels on the Van

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
You are right. I went back a reread the info. I'll be testing this weekend the "basecamp mode" of my battery setup to see how long I can go before needing to start the vehicle. If I can last all weekend with normal use, then I probably don't need to go solar. Let's face it, maybe once a year I'll do a trip longer than 3-4 days. Most of those include driving.

pods8

Explorer
You are right. I went back a reread the info. I'll be testing this weekend the "basecamp mode" of my battery setup to see how long I can go before needing to start the vehicle. If I can last all weekend with normal use, then I probably don't need to go solar. Let's face it, maybe once a year I'll do a trip longer than 3-4 days. Most of those include driving.

FYI, if you want to have a useful discussion down the road take some voltage readings as you go along and keep track of things (ideally remove the load from the battery while you quickly take the reading so your see what the actual battery voltage is w/o load at that stage). That will tell you a lot about how your battery is performing. Much more useful in later if system design changes are needed compared to "it started", or "it didn't start".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles